12

Three months have gone by and the two boys stuck to their deal and did not utter a single word to each other. They went from not being able to stay away from each other and struggling to keep their hands off each other to not being able to stand in the same room as each other. 

It's gone as far as their choreography changing cause they could not bear being near one another. 

It'd be a lie to say Mark didn't miss the younger boy, it hurt him to see his bruised face the day after their brawl. He wanted to go up and hug him. Mark knew very well he was in the wrong, his pride got in the way of his critical thinking. The last thing he wanted was to look weak.

The same goes for Donghyuck, he missed Mark and his warmth. He missed messing with him whenever he was bored, he missed going to his room and talking all night. Most of all, he missed his gentle touch. However, noticing how Mark's attitude changed and how he refuses to apologize pissed him off, and wanted nothing to do with him.

The members have noticed the amount of weight Donghyuck has lost, the fight with Mark and not talking to him has taken a toll on him. He stopped smiling and so did Mark. The members felt somewhat responsible for not realizing sooner how bad their youngest member's friendship was becoming... The atmosphere always felt awkward when they were in the practice room, they've tried plenty to reconcile the two but miserably failed every time. It was up to the two boys to resort to their friendship, on their terms.

🍒

"Hey Donghyuck, we're about to go out to have dinner. Want to join us?" Jaehyun yelled from the living room to Donghyuck, who was coming out of the toilet.

"Yeah, sur-" He stopped when he saw Mark standing with the group of boys. "Never mind, I'm not hungry. I'm going to bed" he turned and walked off to his room. This pissed Mark off, he didn't like how the boy was starving himself just because he was there. Did he hate him that much?

Jaehyun turned to Mark annoyed. "What?" Mark gulped, it's not often Jaehyun gets mad but when he does, it ain't pretty.

"Go talk to him!" He instructed, pointing in the direction of the younger boy.

"No, you heard him. He's not hungry" Mark protested, before walking past Jaehyun and towards the car.

🍒

"Ew, Donghyuck you smell!" Cried the youngest member of NCT Dream. He was on the floor of the Dream dorm, and Donghyuck was flooding him with kisses.

"uhh, Jisung~ you're too cute" he squealed, clinging to the younger member even more. Renjun walks into the room with a bowl of cereal, gagging at what he's witnessing.

"Donghyuck, stop averting your desperate needs onto him and rather on to the person you want it to be." His bold statement caused a shoe to fly in his direction. "Ah! Watch out, you crazy!" 

Other than their leader and Taeil, he also knew about the real relationship the two boys had. Unlike Taeil, he had many reactions, from shock to disgust to awe then back to disgust.

"We don't talk about him, remember?" Donghyuck gritted his teeth, glaring at the boy seated on the couch.

"But that's exactly what you should be doing, talking to him!" Renjun nagged whilst shoving a spoonful of cereal into his mouth. "You know I'm right." Donghyuck went quiet. He didn't want to talk about Mark, it only just hurt him. Meanwhile, Jisung sat between the older boys feeling confused. 

------------------------------------------------

A.N

Hello ~

My grandma passed away so I don't think I'll be very active. I haven't been in a good state of mind for weeks now. I haven't felt this low since my cousin passed away early last year. Sorry if I'm rambling, but I feel very confused right now. I really miss home. I miss my family.  

This is an update that's been sitting in my drafts. I don't think it's completed. I don't really have the intentions nor the motivation to finish it right now so I'll get to the plot of the story in the next chapter. 

I apologize for the half-assed chapter. My original intention for this chapter was to describe their conflict and how much it's hurting them. But I haven't done that very well.

I don't know if anyone really reads my story or if they'll see this. But know that if you ever feel lost, or alone, turn to God. We remember god when good happens in our life, we should also remember him when we're going through hardships. Being bi, I struggled with this but this unfortunate event was a humbling reminder. God is with us through our speedy recovery. 

Love you x