14

The boys of NCT 127 were scattered around their dressing room, preparing to go on stage for their new comeback. The concept was karate, so everyone had dressed up in their stage outfit ready to go. Everyone was ready but Donghyuck, who was taking longer than usual. Anxiety plastered on his face, the young boy prayed for the day to go by fast so he could lock himself up in his room. He couldn't handle being near Mark any longer.

🍒

"Great job everyone," the boys cheered as they exited the stage. They all chatted away, Donghyuck trailing behind them dejectedly. 

The members all gasped in shock once they entered their changing room, waiting for them inside was a furious female sitting on the couch with her arms and legs crossed, fire in her eyes which glared directly at Mark. 

"Yeji?!" Donghyuck hollered in surprise. However, Yeji wasn't interested, she didn't come for him today. Swiftly walking passed him, she made her way over to Mark. Who stood still in his spot, breath hitched, like a deer caught in headlights. 

"You!" Everyone stood quiet, anticipating her next move. The said girl moved closer to her prey, "how long are you going to torture him? Can't you see how he feels?!" She affirmed, leaving Mark confused and Donghyuck wishing he had just died.

Without a delay, Donghyuck grabbed hold of Yeji's arm and pulled her out of the room. Once they were as far away from the fitting room as they could be, the tan boy glared over at the unapologetic girl for an answer.

"What? I'm just doing what you couldn't do" she muttered as she scanned over her nails unappeased.

"Are you crazy? Do you know what you have just done? As if things weren't already bad enough, you just had to go and make things all about you!" Donghyuck snapped, all the pent-up anger he held onto, he had just let it out onto Yeiji who now had a look of shock plastered onto her face. 

Regret and frightfulness were visible on Yeji's face. Her friend had never yelled at her before, she really screwed up.

"I'm so sorry, I was just trying to make things better..." She conveyed, throwing her head down, fighting back tears. She had no right to cry, she knows this but she can't help but feel sorry.

"No, I'm sorry for yelling." With a deep sigh, Donhyuck comforted the brooding girl as he pulled her into a hug, resting his chin on the top of her head. He knew Yeji meant no harm, in her own way, she was trying to help. However, what's done is done. Mark was never going to talk to him again, he was sure of this.

These confrontational thoughts sent a sharp pain straight to his heart, the thought of Mark hating him destroyed him. Tighter, he held on to his friend, quietly weeping to himself.

From afar, near the entrance of the changing room stood a fuming Mark. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Even after what they'd been through, Donghyuck just couldn't seem to get himself away from that damn girl. Mark could feel a stab of jealousy boiling up inside of him but quickly shoved it back down. Donghyuck could go fuck whoever he wanted for all he cared, that boy wasn't his to claim.