03

The boys of nct 127 had a stage performance, they were going over their choreography for the third time.  It had to be perfect. 

The boys were dancing in sync, it was Mark's turn to come up and perform his segment. He rapped, danced, and did his thing. All that was left for him to do was to swiftly go to the side but instead, he tripped on his own feet and fell on his butt. 

"Damn it" he stamped his fist on the ground as he laid down on his back. This was frustrating, he couldn't afford to make a mistake like this. 

"Hahaha, it's okay hyung. We've got 20 more minutes to perfect this choreography" Donghyuck comforted the sulking boy. 

Donghyuck bent over a little and reached out his hand for Mark to grab. And at that very moment, the way the light beamed behind him, his messy hair, and his warm and comforting smile, Mark could have sworn he saw an angel. And there it goes again, his heart was beating out of his chest. 

Why does his heart keep reacting this way whenever Donghyuck is around him?
Is he sick?

🍒

The boys were all scattered around the living room, exhausted from today's schedule. 

"Wow, what a tough day! " Johnny practically shouted.

"Why are you being so loud?" Jaehyun asked whilst throwing himself on the free space near Johnny. "But you're right, it was a tough day" he chuckled to himself.

"Yeah, but did you guys see how Mark fell?" Donghyuck teased, he got up and exaggeratedly reenacted Mark's mistake. Everyone started laughing at the banter but Mark. 

"This is stupid, I'm going to bed" Mark rebuked whilst he got up from where he was seated. As he made his way up the stairs he could hear his hyung's singing 'apado gwanchanha' behind him as they laughed.

"Oh come on, hyung. It was pretty funny, you have to admit," the brunette boy laughed some more.

🍒

Mark flopped himself onto his bed as he breathed in deeply. He was finally in the peace of his room... Well, it lasted three minutes until Donghyuck burst into his room. 

"Yaa, Mark~ you're not crying are you?" You could hear the tease in his voice. That boy didn't feel one ounce of remorse. 

Donghyuck threw himself on top of Mark, wrapping both his arms and legs around him. This small action left Mark's heart frozen.

Mark jumped up and threw his arms out in an attempt to detach the younger boy from himself, but Donghyuck quickly secured his arms around his waist. The tan boy had a good grip on him. Mark no longer had the means to escape and simply gave up and sat on the side of his bed. 

Although he looked fine on the outside, Mark was freaking out on the inside. His heart wouldn't stop beating fast, a weird tingly feeling invaded all over his insides. 

Donghyuck could feel the weird tension that took over the room all of a sudden, maybe he went too far this time. "...Hyung?" 

"Please let go of me." The older boy's voice was barely audible. He was trying hard to get whatever the heck he was feeling under control. Donghyuck adhered to Mark's request and let him go. Mark quickly stood up, "what do you want?" He firmly asked, finally looking at the boy.

"... I just wanted to see if you were okay?" 

'He came up to check on me?'  It's strange but the small gesture made Mark really happy. The smaller boy hadn't noticed the small smile that crept up Mark's face. Donghyuck laid back on Mark's bed and lifted his head a little to look at the boy in front of him and patted the free space that was next to him.

"No, I'm fine standing." Mark hesitated, turned, and walked to an empty chair. He picked up his guitar that was beside the chair and started playing, he needed a distraction, anything. His heart hadn't stopped beating and it was driving him crazy. 

Donghyuck can be dense sometimes and miss important ques, but he did, in fact, catch on to Mark's flushed cheeks. He evilly chuckled to himself, he wanted to tease the boy even more. He got himself off the bed and walked over to where Mark was sitting. In a teasing, yet seductive way he removed the guitar from Mark's grip and placed it on the side whilst maintaining eye contact with the seated boy. 

Mark could not look away, he gulped hard and awkwardly fidgeted around trying to escape. However, he wasn't quick enough, Donghyuck reached out his arm and pushed the boy back onto the chair. And as slowly as he could, and as seductively as he could, he sat on Mark's lap, grinning his mischievous smile.

"Why are your cheeks so red, hyung?" He smiled, tilting his head to the side, still holding eye contact. Mark still couldn't look away, something about the way Donghyuck spoke was so bewitching. He wanted to resist and push away the younger boy but it was as if something has come over him, his body didn't move an inch as if he was anticipating what was next to come. 

The smaller boy leaned in inch by inch whilst observing the older boy's reaction. Noticing this, Mark tightly shut his eyes and just a little, leaned in also. 

'What am I doing?' he thought to himself.