04

'What am I doing?'  Mark thought to himself, here he was desperately gripping his best friend's hips because somewhere deep inside, he had hoped that Donghyuck would close the gap between them. The two boys sat still in suspense, inches apart.

Donghyuck has never been this close to Mark's face before, he could see his feature so much better up close. He noticed how long Mark's eyelashes were, his eyes slowly drifted down to the boy's slender nose, and onto his lips. Those pouty lips that belonged to his best friend were inches away from his own. If he moved an inch more, their lips would...their lips would... NOPE. Donghyuck cut it short with a quick peck on Mark's nose. The older boy opened his eyes in surprise, "... wait, what?"

"What? Did you think I was going to do something else?" Dongyuck giggled, getting off Mark, he ruffled the older boy's hair, "I'm hungry, goodbye lover boy", he yelled one last time before closing the door behind him. Donghyuck stood in front of Mark's door, placing a hand on his chest, he felt his heartbeat quicken, he swore if it beats any faster it probably would have hammered right out his chest. "That was dangerous," he said to himself before leaving Mark's door.

Mark sat there, dumbfounded at what had just happened. "...Was I expecting something else? What the hell has gotten into me these past few days? Ugh! This is frustrating!" Mark agitatedly ran his hand through his hair before he flopped himself back onto his bed, where he dozed off.

🍒

It was a new day, the same dilemma but a different day. The boys were all seated around a big couch, where they were doing a vlive. Everyone was happy to chat with all the nctzens, everyone but Mark...

You see, the poor boy had other agendas in his head. Every so often he would look over across the other side of the couch where Donghyuck was seated, why? Well you see, Donghyuck sat beside his favorite hyung, Taeil. He couldn't take his hands off him, Taeil is just too cute ( he really be tho 😭), the two boys giggled to themselves and were pretty much in their own little world. This made Mark feel anxious. The word 'jealous' was clearly written all over his face, he just didn't want to admit it. 

'What the hell is so funny that you're laughing so loud?' 

"Look at these two love birds over here" Taeyong announced, everyone looked over at the two boys, cooing at them and teasing them. Dongyuck jumps up and sits on Taeils lap like a baby and wraps his arms around his neck.

"Oh hyung, I'm so in love" He joked, dramatically throwing himself back a little with his hand on his forehead. Everyone found it amusing but Mark. He couldn't help but boil up inside. What the hell does Donghyuck think he's doing? Why the hell was he clinging onto Taeil so much? 

13 minutes have gone by and the vlive was finished. The boys bid their farewell and turned off the camera. "This has to be the funniest vlive we've done so far" Doyoung chanted like an excited bunny. Everyone chatted away about the vlive and every random topic that popped up. Mark who was still sulking was silent, which was unusual because he's always the first one to laugh at every single joke. However, tonight he just wasn't in the mood.

🍒

The boys all came back to their dorm after eating out, and since it was pretty late they each resided back into their rooms. Except for Donghyuck, who flopped himself on the couch scrolling through his phone. Mark hadn't noticed the younger boy as he made his way into the kitchen to get a drink of water. Haechan hesitated a little before he announced his presence to the boy. "Hyung, you're not sleeping?" 

Mark jumped in his spot, "Fuck, Donghyuck you scared me" he placed a hand on his chest. 

"Sorry," the boy awkwardly chuckled. Silence fell upon the boys and not the good kind. The atmosphere was awkward, both boys were lost for words after what had happened between them. 

Donghyuck got himself off the couch and took hesitant steps to where Mark was standing. "You were pretty quiet during the vlive, you usually have so much to say," the younger boy desperately wanted this awkwardness to disappear.

"I don't know what you mean..." 

"Well, I don't know... I just wanted to know if everything's okay?" The younger boy moved closer to Mark, but not too close, he made sure to leave enough distance between them to give the boy some space. 

Mark looked at him, clear annoyance on his face. He was still annoyed by the way Donghyuck was behaving earlier. "I don't know, why don't you go asks Taeil Hyung." He hissed. 

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" 

"I said what I said" (in Nene's voice, jk), the older boy walked past Donghyuck, who at this point was confused about what was going on. 

"So what? You're just going to ignore me another week?" Donghyuck threw his hands on both sides of him in defeat. The older boy stopped in his truck. The younger boy seriously had no idea what Mark was mad about...Unless it's about what happened in his room? Donghyuck mentally slapped himself...

'Of course, it is, you idiot! hurry and say something.' 

"Listen, if it really bothers you, I'm sorry. I was just playing around, I didn't think it'd upset you" Donghuvk apologizes in defeat.

In a swift move, Mark turned around fuming. "Playing around? Are you kidding me? So all of that was an act to mess with me?" Mark couldn't believe what he was hearing as he recollected Donghyuck clinging onto Taeil, which pissed him off even more.

"Well yeah? I thought you kinda got that from the start...?" He's apologizing, so why does Mark look a lot angrier than he did a minute ago?

Both boys were unaware of the misunderstanding that just developed. Mark bitterly chuckled to himself in disbelief, he can't believe he got all worked up over something so stupid. Of course, it was all a game to him, that's all it ever is. A dumb game that only satisfies him. "You're unbelievable," he spat one last time before turning and storming off leaving poor old Donghyuck behind and even more confused.