Chapter 22:Hospitals

Joe paced around all night until it was dawn then the operation lights went off. This means that they were done with the operation. He stood up as he saw the doctors and nurses coming out of the operation room looking tired and dull. He runs over to meet them and then he asks the doctor what was the cause of her illness and how the operation went.
The doctor begins to explain to him. Telling him step by step what went wrong with Eve's system.
"She has what we call a CARDIAC SYNCOPE and it is a kind of heart problem that reduces blood flow and Oxygen flow in the heart. It shows symptoms and that symptom is like a common illness symptom.  The patient might think she has a light cold or fever or she might think that she is pregnant because she would sleep alot,vomit alot and feel nauseous all the time".
Doctor looks up and asks Joe if Eve had been feeling sleepy all these time and he shakes his head innocently. Telling him that he has no idea.

The doctor tells him that he would keep an eye on her for now and she would need to have more rests than usual and they didn't want her to leave the hospital as they wanted to take more tests on her heart and check her blood pressure regularly. They said the surgery was not even a minor one and they took too much time on it. He also told joe not to leave Eve alone in case she later goes into cardiac arrest.

AFTER JOE had processed everything the doctor asked for,he sat down,brought out his phone,he called his secretary and rearrange all his schedules for the week.

He stayed by Eve's side doing nothing but talking to her and cleaning her body with a wet rag,changed her clothes when the nurses were not around.
He pretty much acted like her  husband for days.

Jenny had been so worried. Since she left Eve at the party she never heard back from her. He went to the house but no one was there. The place was always locked and it looked empty most times. The more she thought about it,the more she got sick with worry. She decided to visit Ekene and ask him if He had heard from her.

On her way to Ekene's house, She received a call from Joe using Eve's phone that Eve was in the hospital and she should come. She ran over almost immediately.
Seeing Eve lying helplessly and Joe's sad face, she almost lost her mind. She went over and sat down asking Joe what happened. Joe told her How She fell down the stairs after the party and everything the doctors said and did.
Few hours later the doctors came and checked on Eve telling both of them that they had passed the critical stage and Eve would be waking up any moment. They were happy and Jenny seeing how tired Joe was,told Joe to go back home and rest. At first Joe refused and said that he wanted to see Eve awake before going home to rest. Jenny argued strongly and  told Joe that Eve wouldn't want to see him all tattered when she woke up. Joe left acting like he was scared Eve would not talk to him because he looked tired and messed up.
Jenny laughed as Joe left walking like his wife just delivered. He was really happy that Eve would be waking up soon.

Few hours after Joe left,Eve woke up.
A few hours later Joe came back. Before Joe came back,Jenny had already narrated all that she saw and noticed. The nurses also told Eve to cherish her husband. With the way Joe took care of Eve,everyone at the hospital thought he was her husband.

Joe talked to Jenny before she left and thanked her for taking care of Eve. After Jenny left for work,Joe sat down and began to ask Eve if she was okay. He asked if she was feeling any discomfort anywhere and asked her to tell him no matter how little the pain was.
Eve laughs,and tells him that only the stitches were too tight. Joe asks if she wants to eat anything, and she said she wanted to eat ice-cream. Immediately,Joe called his secretary to buy it. After his call,the nurse who had been eavesdropping on his conversation by the side,told him not to give any cold food to Eve because she had just gone through an operation.
Eve was a bit upset but she just had to accept and eat the hot pepper soup that Joe spoon fed her.

After two weeks,she was discharged and she went home.
Eve was really happy that she had gotten better. She hated eating hot foods even when Joe always ordered food and never allowed her to eat Hospital food because it tasted bland and dull.