chapter 3:Kidnapped

After her Grand father's burial,Eve left her family's house again. This time she didn't feel bad like she did the first time because everyone openly scorned her without hiding their feelings at all.
Holding her back pack,she stood at the pavement observing a particular car that had been following her....After crossing the road the strange car was no longer in sight and she felt relieved. But that was the last thing she saw. They carried her over to a mansion. The place was painted with beautiful colours, flowers all over the place, one look at the mansion and you will see that this mansion belongs to a rich man and not a kidnappers den.

Eve woke up to see herself sleeping on a queen sized bed. The room painted pink and every decoration in the room looked girly and nice. Eve thought to herself that this must be the room of a little girl that lives here,but why was she brought here?what is this place?where is this place? What do the owners of this house want from her?. These were all the questions in Eve's mind. She struggled to get up,she was relieved to see that she wasn't tied or handcuffed. What in the world do this kidnappers want with her?.
Just a few minutes after she woke up,a maid came into the room. "Miss you're awake"the maid said looking at her with fear and admiration at the same time. She remembered that her boss had said that his future wife would be brought to the house soon and they were supposed to treat her very well. "Boss wants you to freshen up and come outside,he is about to have dinner and he wants you both to eat together"the maid said showing her the bathroom,clothes and other necessary things she would need to use before coming down. "What is this place?" She asked the maid. "This is the Ceo's house, Your future husband". The maid said coyly. Eve said that this must be some kind of sick joke. I mean,this is Nigeria,she remembers,she didn't transmigrate to another world like the one she read on some Japanese manga. After taking her bath she went downstairs. Two minutes after she sat down on the dinner table,a man with a melanin complexion,tall,well built,but looked a little scary walked in and sat down on the chair facing her directly. "Hi Eve,we meet again" he said to her smiling like he had won some big money. "Who are you? Why did you bring me here? If you brought me here to scare my Father into giving you any money or business deals please know that you have kidnapped the wrong person, my Father does not care about me or my life,he will not give you a dime,he will not lose anything if you kill me, please just let me go,I promise I will not come here again or go over to that family's house again,I won't tell on you,I promise". After saying so many words at once,Eve calmed down and was waiting for a reply from the stranger. "I didn't kidnap you so I could take any ransom"...." so you want to use me for ritual?" Eve was really scared,she had already thought of so many possible ways in which she would be tortured before she would be killed. This seemed so much like a nightmare she wanted to wake up from. "Why will I want to cause any harm to my future wife?" He said, waiting for Eve's reaction. She had heard that same words from the maid but she did not understand so she just let it go,but hearing the same words from her kidnapper alarmed her. " What do you mean by future wife?" She looked at him expecting him to say he was only teasing her but he didn't,he just smiled and told her " let's eat,you don't want the food to get cold".
The table was packed with different kind of dishes,there was white rice,another bowl had only chicken,one had fruits,beef,snail stew and others she hadn't eat before. The table was packed and she loved food,though she was scared,at the same time she was hungry because she hadn't eaten a single thing the whole day and even the day before. She ate carefully as she did not want to irritate the stranger into killing her.
Joe noticed Eve's behaviour but he only smiled at it. All these while he had been noticing her,since he came into this world he remembered her but she didn't remember him. He wasn't mad,he has no mental issues but everyone around him seems to think he does,he has no intention of correcting them. He loves her,he wants to marry her and take care of her but she does not remember him. Few weeks ago he read a book about how a man took a woman hostage but they fell inlove soon after. He wanted to try that.
Joe is twenty five. He was born into a wealthy family. But, his dad left his mum to pursue the woman of his dreams. He still remembers how his mum broke down. They had been married for seventeen years but he got up one morning and told her straight to her face,that he married her because his Igbo father chose her before he died a few years before he married her.
At sixteen,Joe did not know what to do or how to help his mother,the only thing he could do was be a good son, become the best student in school,make his Mother proud by graduating as the university's best student and giving her all the best things. Finally he made all of that happen,so now it's time for him to follow his own dreams. He has waited too long for her,he won't let her go. But this itself looked like he had just commitment a crime. Instead of love,this looks like an obsession.