Chapter 4:psychopath

Joe's house is actually very beautiful. If only she wasn't illegally brought here,she would have actually been happy. After staying one week in the mansion without coming out or using her phone,she felt a bit stuffed and she became moody. The last time she saw her kidnapper was a week ago and whenever she asks the house attendants they would always say that he went on a business trip and will return soon.

She felt very bored and went to sleep that afternoon. By the time she woke Up,she caught a face staring at her. Joe had just returned from a business trip and he looked really tired. He had dark circles but he was still dashing. His face was one that seemed like he was staring at her soul instead of her face and that really scared her. "Hey sleepy head"He called out to her when he noticed that she was awake and was also staring at him." I missed you,did you miss me?" He spoke to her.... Eve had this weird habit of looking at a particular place whenever she wakes up. "Go and freshen Up,I'm taking you out" he said removing his tie. "Where are we going to?" She asked curiously because she had already started imagining how she would escape from wherever they were going to. If he would be stupid to take her Out,she would do justice and run away,if she can not run,she would scream for help and ask somebody to save her. Nigerians have this habit of asserting jungle justice on criminals. There wàs a time a man tried to steal money from mama Nonso's purse. He collected all the one thousand naira notes and tried to run away when one of the other sales girl caught him. Immediately she shouted,everyone in the store was alarmed. Everyone including the bike men who were regular customers chased after him until they caught him and gave him the beatings of his life and he was arrested.

She had so many escape plans in mind and so she started to prepare clothes that she was going to wear to her outing. She brought out one jean trouser and wore it,the jean was blue and really tight.... it actually brought out the beautiful body figure she has but she quickly unzipped and pulled it down,if the jean was really tight then she would not be able to run away from Mr.Joe. finally after so many options,she chose a loose shorts and wore it with a red and big top. When she came outside she saw their driver sitting on a Range rover sports and Joe was behind him. When he saw her,he laughed. He knew that she had an escape plan in mind. But he was taking her to a bar to witness a birthday/engagement party. In these types of event you should wear something nice like a gown or skirt. Although he didn't tell her where he was taking her But,he atleast expected her to wear something nice. He came down and made a phone call before asking the driver to take off.

The car drove slowly and the atmosphere in the car was extremely weird and quiet. Joe decided to speak first. "Ask me whatever you want And I will answer you honestly and truthfully". Eve had watched movies and heard of stories where the kidnapper finally kills his victim because they know so much about him so she was not going to make the mistakes all those dead people had made. She will not ask his name,where he is from,why he kidnapped her or anything. The man might be a killer or a ritualist. Or he might just be a psychopath that kidnaps girls and ask them to pretend to be his girlfriends or wives. She has watched lots of films and now she is sensible. "I don't want to know,please let me go, I won't tell anybody I promise". "I know you want to run away,And that's why you are putting on this which you are wearing" he laughs and continues "my name is Joe Igwe Obinna. I am from Abia state and I own J.I.O you must have heard about it, I am successful and rich,whatever you want to call it. You might think I am crazy but we actually met in our other life and you died to protect me but although I died at the end, I am here now and I will protect you" he finished talking and looked at her as if he was waiting to hear a response. To Eve,he has mental issues,most kidnappers do that. She had watched a movie where a man kidnapped a Girl and made up so many lies about things he had done for her,when the girl figured out that he was not mentally stable she screamed at him and told him that he needed a doctor but the kidnapper got angry and slit her throat then and there and that was how the movie ended. Eve made up her mind that she was going to act like she agreed to all the words he was saying and then when her chance comes,she would run away or scream and tell people that she did not know him.

Eve was quiet for a very long time while Joe looked at her,trying to figure out what was going on in her mind. "I paid for all your scholarships,I asked the resturant lady to give you a job,I own the convenience store you work out or i should say...."YOU" own the convenience store,because I bought it under your name... your boss is actually your manager and you are the boss". The last statement he made gave Eve a very big shock. All these while she thought he didn't know her,she thought that he was just some psychopath who kidnapped her but now everything seems alot more scary.