"You poor thing, well, I'm here to help! With whatever you need!" She gives me a reassuring smile. Even in the dim-lit room, I see her peer her eyes into mine, questioning and curious.

She takes me back onto the couch, handing me a glass of water. It was odd that I was holding clear liquid when Jessica is around. Usually, we're drinking wine or some fancy type of sparkling alcoholic drink. As much as I'd love a glass of wine now to numb the headache, she knows best.

As usual, she gives me the updates on everything that was happening back in Remich and how boring it was. She complains about how her job is mundane. She doesn't know if this was the right career choice for her anymore. The only thing that's keeping it interesting was that guy she keeps talking to me about — Austin. I can't help but be surprised she's still talking to him.

Austin has now been promoted to 'friends with benefits,' I don't judge — but damn it's risky to be fooling around with someone from work. She knows this, I've spoken my mind about it.

It was a dangerous game. But Jessica is free-spirited, she goes with the flow, she's not calculated like me. She's a risk-taker, it was truly admirable.

"Enough about me, did Henry reach out?"

I shook my head. It wasn't as painful talking about it. When she brought his name up, I wasn't as angry. I wondered if it was the concussion or that it's been over 2 months since I've seen or heard from him.

"I bet you if you called and told him what happened he'd come" Jessica was right, Henry would have most likely come if he knew what happened, even though it was minuscule, he would've freaked out. He always did when I got hurt, he was like that overprotective brother - at least that's what I used to think of our relationship.

Her blue eyes lit up, "What if I called and told him?!"

"No! Jess, look, it's fine. Just give him some space" I've accepted it, that it wasn't the best thing for us. A friendship break was needed, we both needed time to clear our minds. Perhaps we both needed to rethink our friendship, maybe it wasn't exactly what I thought it was.

Jessica pouts and slumps back into the seat.

"I have to say, I wasn't expecting my vacation to be tending my poor baby girl," she patted my head, a soft smile etched across her porcelain skin.

"I'm fine. Seriously, it's not that bad. It looks more painful than it is, I swear."

Jessica sits with me in silence, knowing that I can't watch anything on television, it was too bright for me recently. I needed the quietness, it was nice and helped my headache - although I wanted to entertain Jess as much as possible. I mean, she came all the way from Remich to visit me and took a week of vacation.

I needed a speedy recovery, I owed it to her for coming here.

...

Jessica's been a great help, she's been making my breakfast lunch and dinner, sometimes ordering in for us. Either way, the company, day in and out, was much needed. I didn't feel so alone anymore, especially the last week where all I could do was lay in the dark. It does do a number on your mental health.

I guess I'm not that much of an introvert as I thought, I needed to socialize.

Work and school gave me time to socialize, although coming to an empty home was sometimes lonely, at least I had someone to speak to like Roselina and my classmates. Even those grumpy customers don't seem too bad when I'm stuck at home recovering.

...

Jessica's presence in the past couple of days makes all the difference. It reminds me of why she meant the world to me and how lucky I am to have her.