Chapter 13

Author's Note: Hello Everyone! Thank you for reading! And as always please, Vote + Comment - Would love your feedback! 

~

Jessica is at the front door, her deep blue eyes are teary when she stares at me. It's hard to say anything when you're just in utter shock.

"Oh my gosh!!! I cannot believe you didn't call me IMMEDIATELY!!!!!" she barges in before I can invite her in, I'm speechless. I haven't seen her in months. I had to admit that seeing her in person was exactly what I needed when I'd been feeling isolated.

"How did you?"

"Did you forget I'm your emergency contact? And why haven't you answered my calls or replied to my text?! I thought you were DEAD," she huffs before putting her bag down, plopping herself onto the couch.

"You know, you need to tell me things like this. You can't just act like you're fine, Elle." She looks at me, concerned as an older sister would. Perhaps she was a little annoyed.

"I'm fine... it's a broken arm" I look down at my cast and mentally groan at how ridiculously uncoordinated I can be. This could have been prevented, but because of my idiotic clumsy self, I had to miss school and work.

"It's not JUST a broken arm. You hit your head!" Jessica gets up and frustratingly points at the stitches on the corner of my head. She whimpers when her piercing blue eyes analyze the wound.

"What the hell happened?"

I didn't want to go through this again, it was bad enough telling Roselina and having the whole damn school witness it.

"I tripped while going down the stairs at school...two flights" Jessica tries her best to keep composed and look concerned, but it doesn't last long, she bursts into laughter.

"What the hell? That's what happened?! Here I am, thinking you got mugged!"

"People can miscalculate their steps, ok?" It was my sad attempt to defend my stupidity, but she doesn't care and continues to roar in laughter.

"Well, either way, you need to take it easy..."

"Jess, you didn't have to come. I'm fine!" I didn't want to burden her, but truth be told, I was extremely excited to have her here.

"I know I didn't have to...I wanted to, ok? Will you shut up now" she says as she walks around, her eyes scan the place.

"You ARE right, this place is tiny!" she says, opening the cupboard to find herself a glass.

"You don't need to validate that, trust me, I'm constantly reminded," although, with a broken arm and a concussion - a small space is exactly what I needed. I didn't need to do that much walking to go from one room to the other.

Jessica looks perfect as always, her hair seemed even longer than before. She belonged in a Pantene commercial with the luxurious hair reaching the small of her back. She opens the fridge and pours herself a glass of water before leaning on the kitchen island across from me.

"So what did the doctor say?" she asks before taking a sip of her drink.

"Stitches are out in a week. I can't do anything with concentration because of my concussion, so I haven't been able to go to class or work on any assignments... it's bullshit, really." Only with my luck do I trip over invisible traps and injure myself to this degree.

Jessica frowns, "When will the concussion go away?"

"I don't know, he says it's week by week. The more rest I get, the faster I heal." I now understand why it's so important to wear a helmet for some activities. I've always heard about concussions, but never experienced it myself, it was one of the worst feelings. The migraines were never-ending, they were excruciating. I couldn't think for days. Even now, my blinds are always closed. The only source of light I allow is a small lamp in the corner of the living room.