Chapter 11

Author's note:

First, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN FOR READING. 

I hope you enjoy it, please let me know what you think!

'

Henry is at my door with a smile stretched so far across his face, I could have sworn it just wrapped around his entire head. He doesn't give me a moment to react to his presence when I feel my body being constricted between his strong arms, lifting me in the air.

"Elle!!!! I missed you!" He exclaims, putting me down to give me another bear hug. He pulls back and analyzes me, his smile doesn't drop an inch.

"You're looking amazing! Graduate school hasn't destroyed you yet," he jokes. Truthfully, I wonder if it was because of Alex. Having him around the past couple of weeks sure helped ease the transition from moving to a completely different city. I wasn't as alone as I expected myself to be.

Although admittedly, it still doesn't feel real. To know someone of Alex's caliber, it was an odd feeling.

My feet shuffle to the side of the door to welcome him in, he pauses and looks at me,

"I did some research and found this sick bar we can go to, obviously not anything close to Toca Bar, but it'll pass as our new hangout spot for now."

I can't help but smile, Henry will forever be Henry, assertive, and determined. Even for minuscule things like choosing a bar for us to hang at. It needs to pass his standards, and he, without even asking me, makes it our new hangout spot. But I don't mind, I'm not the most decisive or assertive person anyway. I leave that to my Lawyer Best Friend.

How do you explain to Henry that another guy is coming to join us? I dug myself a hole this time. He is always critical about any male friends I have, from work and school.

"You're way out of his league," He always nags when he meets any of my male counterparts or friends.

My heart beats a little faster, the thought of Henry finding out Alex is Prince Alexander makes me want to eject my Chicken sandwich out of my stomach. In Henry's eyes, Prince Alex is the worst type of existence out there. An Egotistic, Narcissistic man whore. I don't blame him, the tabloids are vultures.

"I'm waiting for someone... to join us" I muttered, Henry's perfect eyebrows are stitched together, a frown.

"Who's joining us?" He asks.

"A friend I've met here, he's nice. Probably the reason why I've adjusted to this city so well," the words escape past my parted lips so fast, I don't even take a moment to take a breath.

Henry closes the door behind him, eyes curious but also a little agitated. He tries his best to hide it, but I know him all too well, he's annoyed.

"I haven't seen you in weeks, I thought we could have some 'me and you' time" he doesn't take his black overcoat off, but walks straight to the sofa and takes a seat.

Henry was right, it was wrong for me to invite Alex, but I honestly didn't think he would agree to come along.

"I know, I'm sorry. It's a long story. I just wanted him to meet you" I genuinely meant that. Henry proceeds to relax and lean into the cushions of the couch, both his arms are stretched out onto the top of the sofa. His clenched jaws are now relaxed, and his light brown eyes soften.

"Ah, it's ok. I need to make sure he's not a dickwad. Warn him that if he ever hurts you in any way, that I will have his head," he chuckles to himself.