Chapter 8

Author's Note:

Hey Guys! Thank you again for reading! Please let me know what you think! 

----

How am I expected to keep my composure when I've gotten a ride from The Prince, it was the most prolonged interaction I've had with him thus far, a part of me couldn't help but feel guilty for how I've treated him when all he's done was help me.

This must be the last time I'll see him, coincidences are never on going. It seems as though I must have left a bad taste in his mouth, yet he still wishes me luck. I'm wondering if I would have reacted the same way he did.

The little bell on the door chimes above me when I open it, there's a sudden wave of everything good that hits me, fresh coffee mixed with sweet pastries that intoxicate. This was where I belonged. The wood beneath me creaks when I step in, the sun hugs the Cafe, and the warmth is embracing. There is a faint song that plays in the background that fits the atmosphere the Cafe was going for, it plays soft classical music that calms me.

A woman in her thirties walks out upon hearing the bell. I wonder why I was even nervous about the interview. She's in jeans and a soft beige shirt when she walks over to greet me. I suddenly feel foolish for being so overdressed, maybe Prince Alexander was right.

"Hello, my name's Ellie Webber, I'm looking for Roselina, I'm here for an interview — for the Barista position" she gives me a soft smile and tells me she's the person I am looking for. Roselina shakes my extended hand before gesturing to me to take a seat in the far back of the Cafe.

The interview was easy, it wasn't formal as I expected. Roselina didn't seem to care that I have never made coffee professionally before, the closest experience I've ever had was making instant coffee in the morning before class. Roselina was an easy-going woman, she was more curious about where I had come from and what I aspire to do. We ended up talking about our personal lives more than the job itself. Her almond-shaped brown eyes were so intensely focused on me when I spoke about Remich. Her black hair is in tight curls that puff out hugging her oval-shaped face, I can only wish to have beautiful tanned skin as she did, but my fair skin burns just by the sight of the sun. She tells me she's originally from South America and decided to take a leap of faith, making one of the most significant changes in her life. Roselina used to work at a law firm, but loved baking. She dreamt of opening a coffee shop so people can enjoy the simple things that escape from us during our monotonous routine.

I didn't mind that our conversation sidetracked on something else. It was less dull than talking about making coffee and tea. Roselina was sweet, she managed to help me forget the sullen look of Prince Alex that makes my stomach twist and turn.

Roselina doesn't hesitate to offer me the position. She even hugs me before letting me go. My first shift will be next week, and I am happy I've made it to the Cafe on time.

"It's a casual dress code here" she's smiling when she teases me. My face burns once again. I am cursed with this pale skin of mine, half of the time I'm looking like an apple head — clumsiness and social awkwardness doesn't help my case.

When I exit 'Roselina's Cafe,' I am hit with the cold breeze that makes me shiver. The warmth from the Cafe vanished from me. I can only hope that Google Maps doesn't fail me and takes me home promptly. It's been a long day, even though I did enjoy my time with Roselina, I just didn't expect to be there for that long.

I walk towards the end of the narrow street, trying to get better reception. My eyes are glued onto my screen, fingers tapping the letters of the address of my apartment.

"Are you sure you weren't interviewing to take over the Cafe? I just wouldn't expect a 2-hour long interview for a Barista job", the familiar deep voice startles me, just when I thought I'd never see him again.