Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

Roman smiled, "It's fine, I understand how you feel. Oh! My name is-"

"Roman," Hope answered, his cheeks a pink, "Kinda know." he shrugged.

It was an awkward silence after that, neither boys saying anything. Roman opened his mouth to speak, but a girl called for Hope, "Hope! We're about to play again, Sasha's fine!"

"Coming!" Hope yelled back. He looked at Roman and went redder, "Uh, maybe we could.. talk sometime? Like, kinda exchange phone numbers?" he asked.

Roman laughed, "Kinda is your word, huh?" Hope's face went even redder, "Kinda.." he said.

They both laughed at that, Roman putting in his phone number on Hope's phone.

"Look forward to talking to you!" Roman smiled. Hope was completely red, smiling back, "Uh, yeah, me too!"

He walked back to the girl, showing her his phone. Roman saw her squeal and hug Hope, congratulating him on whatever was on his phone as Hope was still completely red.

Roman felt happy. He made a new friend! His own friend! He couldn't wait to talk with Hope.

He looked over and saw Virgil scowling at Remy, said male leaning against him, probably teasing him.

Roman couldn't see how the two were related at all, but shrugged it off. Remy was fun to be around, so whatever. Besides, him and Remus were completely different, so he can't judge.

He felt his phone vibrate, so he pulled it out.

???: Hey! This is Hope. Just thought i'd, you know, kinda text you so you know its me

Roman quickly added Hope to his contacts, then texted back.

Roman: Kk! Thanks kinda kid I'll text you after school?

Hope: Yeah, sounds great

Roman put his phone away, continuing with sorting the equipment as he heard Coach Thomas blow his whistle, indicating to continue playing.

Coach Thomas came back, sitting in his chair next to Roman. He looked over, seeing Roman was taking glances at Virgil every now and then.

He grinned, but didn't say anything. Just continued observing.
.
.
.
.
Roman, Remus, and Logan were all waiting for the rest. Deceit had already went home, according to Remus. It's been awkward around the two completely, but they didn't know what to do about it.

Virgil and Remy walked out together, "Babe, my mom really wants to come over to check up on you and your dad." Remy groaned.

"No." was all Virgil said. Roman smiled at him, but stumbled back when Virgil leaned on him, hiding his face in Roman's neck.

"Oh, hey." Roman giggled, patting Virgil's back. Virgil hissed when he felt Remy touch him. Remy rolled his eyes, "Grumpy ass cat.." he muttered.

Logan's phone went off. He took it out, seeing his boyfriend texted him.

Patton: hey, so we may not be able to get ice cream and go to my place today. stuff happened with emile

Before Logan could respond or correct that entire thing, Patton texted him again.

Patton: actually he wants you to come over. his house

Logan: I'm on my way.

Logan put his phone up, "I am leaving now. Goodbye." Logan waved them off, taking off into the sky.

Remy pulled Virgil off, Virgil hissing twisting in Remy's hold, "We'll be on our way, too." he winked, walking off.

"I'm not letting you or your fucking mom into my house, you dumb piece of sh-" Remy covered Virgil's mouth, muffling his, still, yelling.

Roman and Remus were left to themselves. Remus sighed, "Ready to go home, brobro?" he asked.

Roman nodded. The two were about to take off when Roman heard his name being called. The two looked behind, seeing none other than Hope, with two girls with him.

"What do they want?" Remus asked. Hope and the two girls ran over, Hope blushing a red when he got closer to Roman.

Huh, now that Roman thought about it, Hope was smaller than him.

One girl behind him was the tallest. She was a red head, her hair pulled in a ponytail. She had freckles all over her face, neck, arms, and legs. She was as pale as Virgil. She had bright yellow wings tucked in behind her.

The other was the shortest. She was the one who got hurt in class. She had brown puffy hair and brown skin. She had a light blue left wing, a violet right wing.

"Hey Hope!" Roman greeted. Hope smiled, opening his mouth to speak, but red head beat him, "Hi, I'm Gabby. This Sasha." she pointed to the smallest girl.

Remus looked incredibly confused, "You know Hope?" he asked. Roman nodded.

Gabby leaned on Hope with a smirk, "We were just wondering if you'd like to hang with us this weekend." Hope went completely red, pushing her off. Sasha smiled at her two friends.

Roman shrugged, "Should be able to. I'll text you if I can't." Roman smiled at Hope. Hope went even redder, looking down instead. Sasha and Gabby smirked at their friend, "We'll be going now!~" Gabby chirped, dragging her red friend away.

"Bye!" Roman waved, turning back to see a completely confused Remus.

"The actual fuck?"

Roman snorted, walking off, "I'll tell you later."