Disbelief

A couple of days passed since Angel Dust had that call, and recently he had been more distant with everyone, including yourself. He was never really at the hotel, and when he was, the demon would either be smoking from anger or staying inside his room. Actually, you often saw a cyclops demon go in there as well, and whenever she saw you looking she would send glares.

At the moment, Charlie had asked for you to deliver some leftovers to Angel, since he didn't show up for dinner that night. In your hands, there was a steaming bowl of minestrone and beside that was some steak with demi-glace.

The corridors were quiet, giving off an eerie vibe. It was unusual to be inside the hotel and not have to deal with the noises of those residing inside. Alastor, who always hummed as he worked. Niffty, who seemed to have a strange habit with rambling on and on, even if no one is listening. Husker, who often grumbled to himself whilst counting his new money. Vaggie and Angel, who bickered constantly. Before, you thought what you needed was some quiet. However, you found out that living in a noisy house all your life really made you used to it. Actually, you kinda missed it.

You were now in the same hallway where Angel's room is. It wasn't hard to miss, since his door was decorated by photos of him with a kissy face, as well as a couple decorative lights, which hung above his door frame. Somehow, it seemed deserted in here, compared to the rest of the hotel. If a tumbleweed blew past, you wouldn't be THAT surprised.

Walking up to his door, you brought your hand to the wood, ready to knock. But before you could, someone swung the door open, making you jump in surprise.

"Oh, it's you." 

Your eyes scanned the figure who had almost bumped into you, feeling nervous when you realized it was the cyclops. Though, she seemed to have lost her hostility, you still kept your guard up. The demon's eyes moved to look at the food in your hands, and gave you some room to pass her into Angel's room. Without another word, she left, her heels clicking against the floor.

Ignoring the girl, you focused your attention to the room in front of you. It was pretty dark inside, with only a couple tiny lights illuminated the room. You took a couple careful steps inside, using your foot to navigate across the rather messy floor. You noticed the room growing darker, and before you could call out, the door had shut behind you.

"Well, that's just shitty. Isn't it?" You mumbled.

Oh yeah? Did I forget to mention that you went back to your old habits? This includes a bit of cursing.

"Wow! I didn't think ya had it in you to fuckin' curse!" A familiar voice exclaimed. Your head shot in the direction of a bed, where a certain spider lay. 

The change in his appearance was evident. His hair was much messier then usual, and his choice of clothing resembled average sleepwear. He looked pretty tired, with bags under his eyes. You disregarded what he said about you cursing, and clumsily made your way to his side, worried for his health.

"You look horrible," You stated, setting down the tray on his nightstand. You could practically feel the sarcasm radiating off of him.

"Wow. Thanks for the compliment," He muttered, doing an eye roll.

"No, I'm serious. What happened to you? You were this sarcastic bag of shit and suddenly you just disappeared. Y'know...the hotel just isn't the same without your sassy remarks and extremely obnoxious voice."

Angel looked away, staring mindlessly at the pictures taped to his mirror. His eyes held the same anger and disdain you usually see whenever he smokes. After a minute of silence, he finally  tuned back in, his eyes moving to meet yours. Without realizing, your cheeks flared up slightly, which didn't go unnoticed by Angel Dust. He smirked, bringing a hand up to caress your cheek.