Scars Hidden Behind a Plastic Smile (Oneshot)

A/N: Seeing as there isn't a lot of action between you and Angel, I thought I could provide you some juicy deets until then. This story is definitely going somewhere, and I hope some of you know that I'm working to move this along.

For the time being, I will go ahead and release this so you guys can have an idea of the kind of relationship you'll have with angel around the very end. I assure you, I am NOT giving up on this. I just need the time to work on my stories. I'm still very new to writing, so I'm just learning to how put all these words together.

With summer vacation just around the corner, I will finally have the time I need to work on everything I need to finish up, so please look forward to it, okay?

This oneshot will be semi-canon to the story [ ;) ]. I hope you enjoy!

Over the course of a few decades, life in hell had greatly improved. With the overlords removed from their positions, there were no unnecessary disputes between different classes of demons...Well, not any SEVERE disputes. Lucifer had worked to make his citizens happy after the realization was made clear of the poor conditions in heaven. Though he only did this for competition, all the demons were still quite thankful for his generosity.

Rehabilitation was still an option, and Charlie's hotel was booming. The business was extraordinary, and it's even said that it's difficult to book rooms. The majority of demons need to schedule therapy instead, since renting a room is nearly impossible. Alastor and Mimzy hold mini-concerts in the bar, and miraculously, even Husk joins in.

Despite being sinners, they somehow received another chance to live a fulfilling life. They had no reason to worry about the angels sent to execute them yearly. They had no need to worry as much about turf wars (though Sir Pentious still insists on taking land from others. Cherri Bomb and them have lots of fun with that. It's odd, really.) Life was going great.

And despite all of this, you were still somewhat unfulfilled. 

While seeing everyone so happy was refreshing to you, there was still that tiny hole in your heart. And it's not like you didn't know what you wanted, either. You knew, very well, what you desired so much. 

After everything that happened, you still hadn't managed to get together with Angel Dust.

At some point, it felt as if he was leading you on. Calling you the nicknames he calls you to tease you. It almost seemed as if he was toying with you and your feelings. Every pat on the back, every embrace...All of it was to egg you on.

Well...That's what that darker part of you believed. Of course, the present you didn't. There was faith. You had faith in him, and you knew being paranoid wasn't going to help the situation. After everything, you should have the courage to just go up to him, and ask him out..!

You groaned into your pillow, tightening your group onto the satin. This was incredibly frustrating!

Just then, a knock resounded from your hotel door. With a sigh, you stretched a smile onto your lips and went to answer it. And lord behold! Angel Dust stood there, smirking with his signature grin. He leaned against your frame, staring at you with those stupid STUPID eyes! 

"The nerve of this guy..!!" You screamed into your mental pillow. 

"Angel? What's up?" You casually questioned him, not entirely confident about your cover-up. He seemed to buy it though because he continued to act the way he usually did.

"Babe- *There he goes again..*-Me and Cherri were planning to bomb Pentious's new blimp. The guy got his initials sewn into it and everythin'! So...Wanna come with?" You frowned a bit. Sir Pentious was certainly an eccentric fellow, but he had a kind soul...well, that's what Charlie said. Though, since you wanted to spend time with Angel, you smiled and nodded.