cooper #7

i came up with this idea while noah, travis, cooper, and carson still lived together, so just roll with it.

𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬
✧ 𝗰𝘀𝗰𝗼𝗼𝗽 ✧

» [pink bubblegum] «
salads
0:00 ─〇───── 2:34
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

˗ˋ 🏠 ˊ˗

Dating a guy that lives with a bunch of other guys comes with plenty of downsides. Starting with the constant and endless teasing, and ending with the ever remaining threat of being walked in on. Not to mention all the issues filling in the spaces between the lines.

Why wouldn't we just hang out at my place and avoid all of our troubles? Maybe because I live with my own group of my own gender. An extra layer of difficulty is applied once you realize that house is on a college campus and also a sorority house. Not the best place to watch scary movies or make out with your boyfriend. I also share a room with someone.

With that, we settle with putting up with Carson, Travis, and Noah. Noah isn't bad, he's just the one with the tendency to not knock. I've made friends with all three, so things could be worse.

I jolt my hand to the left slightly, jumbling the pieces of popped corn kernels around in the bowl I've been handed. "You burnt the popcorn."

He looks from the TV and up to me from my own lap. "You're telling me this now? We're an hour into the movie!"

"Yeah...but I didn't want to piss you off." I place the popcorn bowl on his bedside table.

"Babe, you wouldn't have pissed me off." Cooper cracks a grin up at me. I tilt my head at his adorable appearance. I run my fingers through his blond hair with a content grin. He, however, spoils the moment. "Mildly annoyed, maybe."

I scrunch my nose and shake my head slightly in a fake disgust look. "You're funny." I remove my hand from Cooper's head. "But also stupid."

"At least I'm not a college kid." His "insult" has been present since we first met. It's a joke I can easily take, yet it's a good one. Unlike me, Cooper won't be crushed under a student loan for the next couple years of his life.

"You're a jerk." My smile struggles to be withheld as Cooper looks up at me with a grin. "I'm adorable." I roll my eyes with a scoff and a smile. He sits up and looks at me. The slight tilt my lips show seems to be a magic trick that always has the outcome of Cooper's lips on mine. It never fails.

Every time Cooper and I kiss, it feels like I'm back in high school. Everything just seems so simple. Not that high school was simple, but the stress of being an adult is lifted from my shoulders.

Me, wanting to be a pain in the ass and also playful, I part what I've nearly melted into and place my hand firmly on Cooper's chest, nicely shoving him down onto his own bed. Not in a sexual way, just a way to cause laughter between us. Those are my favorite moments with him, so why not make more?

Between laughter and sitting up, "Fuck you." is spoken by the blond as he pulls a reverse card on me and shoves me down instead. The laughter filling the room is exactly what I wanted to come out of this. All of this taking place while teenagers get slaughtered by a masked killer on his TV: our usual vibe.

Just as the reconnection is about to take place, Cooper's door swings open. "Cooper! Where's the-" Cooper looks up and to the door as I place my head at an uncomfortable angle to see Noah's face. "Why is it always me?"

"Dude, get out." Cooper's voice has a tone of annoyance to it (as anyone's would).

"I just need to ask you-"

Noah's sentence isn't even close to finished before Cooper reaches for a pillow, "Get." launching it at his housemate. "Out!"

Noah slams the door in time to avoid the impact. I can't help but laugh at the scene, looking back up at Cooper. After a second, I slide my warm hand to the back of Cooper's neck. He looks back down at me, flashing to a grin within milliseconds. We inch closer with similar smiles on our faces.

Once more, the door is yanked open. The two of us, not yet locking lips, whip our heads in said direction. This time, Travis shows. "PROTECTION!" You can probably assume what was thrown and scattered across Cooper's room. Travis pulls the door to its prior closed position, leaving the two of us to laugh off how ridiculously stoned he clearly is.

As the two of us nearly wheeze, Cooper places a hand over his face. "He's so fucking high." My response is nothing but a spurt or so of laughter. Finally, I pull Cooper towards me, locking lips with no more interruptions.

˗ˋ 🏠 ˊ˗

wElCoMe BaCk. after a mental breakdown, slight heartbreak, not eating for a few days, hating my situation, and feeling trapped, i've returned :)
hopefully, i'll get back on top of things soon! thanks for the undying support still!
on the happy side of things, i'm currently drinking a funfetti milkshake and it is scrumptious❤️

~ 1-800

published : August 10, 2020
words : 891