josh #1

𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐭
× 𝗝𝗮𝘄𝘀𝗵 ×

» [bubble gum] «
༄ clairo ༄
0:00 ─〇───── 2:56
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

˗ˏ 📅 ˎ˗‍‍‍‍

Two knocks sound at my bedroom door. I blink out a tear or two, not responding. I hear the door open. I take my head off of my bay window, seeing exactly who I expected.

"I remembered where the lock pick was." He mumbles, placing it atop the doorframe.

"You finally decide to show up, and that's the first thing to say to me?" I sniffle.

Confusion takes over his features. "N/n, what's wrong?" He asks.

I scoff, turning and looking outside again. "Wow" I breathe.

"Hey," he's beside me now, sitting on the edge of my bed. "what's going on? What did I do wrong?" He begs for my answers.

"Look at the date, Josh." I wince, looking at him. His expression softens. "It's our one year anniversary and you forgot. You promised you wouldn't forget." My voice cracks slightly.

"Baby," A small smile tugs at the corner of his lips. "I didn't forget."

My mind goes blank. What?

"I just acted like I did." He shrugs. "I didn't think you would be so upset about it." He ticks a piece of my hair that had fallen in front of my eyes behind my ear.

I get up, walking over to the opposite side of my bed. "Of course I would be upset about it! It's a whole year." I wipe my face dry as my tears have come to a halt.

"I don't make the best decisions all the time, Y/n." He grins.

I sigh, falling down onto my bed, facing away from him. "I'm still not happy with you." I pout.

I feel him move over to me and rest his head on my hip. "I love you." He tells me in a goofy voice.

I hold back a smile.

"I love you more than anyone ever Y/n M/n L/n." He goes on.

"You were getting somewhere until you middle-named me." I smirk.

"Would you forgive me if I told you that I got you a gift?"

I sigh. "Depends"

"What if it was a promise ring that I left at home?"

I sit up, looking at him. "You what?"

"I swore I had it, but I reached into my pocket and-"

"You got me a promise ring?" Tears, of now happiness, fill my eyes.

"Well, yeah." He replies in an "obviously" tone.

A large smile appears on my face as I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him tight. "You're so fucking hard to stay mad at." I laugh into his shoulder.

He laughs, "I know. I'm pretty lovable."

˗ˏ 📅 ˎ˗‍‍‍‍

i sort of enjoy writing shorter oneshots. usually they're like 1000+ words, so this was nice. also 1k reads? pretty sick. thanks guys📂

~ 1-800

published : May 6, 2020
words : 484