josh #3.25

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭
𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐬
× 𝗝𝗮𝘄𝘀𝗵 ×

» [ribs] «
༄ lorde ༄
0:00 ─〇───── 4:19
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

˗ˋ ⚡️ ˊ˗

For Josh, Y/n being gone really sucks. It feels leagues different. No more her crashing his streams. No more Wii sports. Just a lot of FaceTiming and texting.

It's been around a month; they've FaceTimed every night. There is zero exaggeration in that statement. Every night, Y/n will call Josh around 7pm and they'll talk for hours on end. She usually doesn't have to worry about her roommate due to her either being with her boyfriend or at a party. However, a few days ago, she forgot to call Josh. He let the time hit 8:30 before he called her himself.

"Oh! Sorry, I forgot.."

Something like this was hard for Y/n to forget, usually, but Josh didn't let it bother him.

"Maybe she really had forgotten?"

✰ ∵ ∴ 🌙 ∴ ∵ ✰

The two month mark has hit. The times Josh has had to call her has added up. Actually, it's gone up so much that he's lost count. Not just that, but the duration of the calls went from 3-4 hours to just 1-2. There was a few times where it was under and hour. It all seemed so abrupt to Josh. One night, he called her and the duration of the call was 5 hours long, which is more than usual. The next night, she didn't even pick up.

Another small detail, yet big to Josh, is her face. Her actual face hasn't changed. She used to rarely wear makeup, and when she did it was very little. Now, it's gradually increased. It's not like a clown. There's not that much. She suddenly started wearing eyeshadow, then lipgloss, eyeliner, and occasionally lipstick. It's weird to him. She was almost against makeup for a while.

"Maybe she's just opening up more since she's left high school. Maybe?"

✰ ∵ ∴ 💫 ∴ ∵ ✰

Her hair. Only about half a month has passed since Y/n's makeup changed. Her hair is not only a lighter shade, but it has highlights. She curls/straightens it, ties it up in buns, and all sorts of things. Y/n's hair has always been natural. It's color, and state when it came to style were as natural as it came. She had always said that she'd never felt the need to change anything about it. She liked her hair. Josh liked her hair.

It's all different now.

✰ ∵ ∴ ⭐ ∴ ∵ ✰

Two weeks in a row now. Y/n hasn't picked up Josh's calls for two weeks. Five months she's been gone now, and she's stopped picking up. She texted Josh around 3/4 of those times saying that she was sorry and that she was studying. Y/n would even say that she'd call back, yet she never has.

Josh didn't call her for around three days, giving up a little bit, yet something told him to call her again tonight.

"Hey, Josh!" Her smile is wide like usual. She's at her desk, but the background looks different to Josh. Like she's in a different room?

There's so much different. So. Much. Her hair is down/up, straightened/curled, and her cheeks are lined with glitter. Her lips are just as glittery. And her hair. She would never get put that shit in her hair. The glitter or the color.