charlie #3

𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞
❁ 𝘀𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗰𝗹𝗲 ❁

˗ˋ 🗓 ˊ˗

I stare at the wall in silence; I'm incapable of doing anything else whilst suffocating under this blanket of fear.

Every part of me is saying to turn my head to my left. To just check on how Charlie is doing. Still, I can't tear my eyes away from the blank wall.

The only thing keeping it from being completely bare is the animal calendar hanging on for dear life by a meager thumbtack. Scribbled into the twenty-forth box however are the words "Eliza's Birthday". Every other box on the other hand is still a clean white.
Reluctantly, my eyes land on my boyfriend. Head in his hands, elbows on his knees, looking guilty.

My heart breaks at the sight of his clear pain. Not only that, but the fact that I can't help but think that it's my fault.

Perhaps sensing my gaze, he lifts his head and meets my eyes. The look in his eyes telling me something between "It'll all be okay." and "I'm as terrified as you right now."

Our staring contest is put to a halt at the sound of a door opening. Our heads snap to the middle-aged woman entering the room with a welcoming smile on her face.

She sighs lightly, not letting go of that smile as he speaks a toxic word.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Charlie's hand burns into mine as we walk outside. He closes the car door as I hug my knees to chest. He closes his car own door.

Silence.

Terror clouds the air just as salty water stings my eyes.

"We'll get through this, N/n." His voice is so strong yet so broken.

I can't get any words to roll from my tongue. They seem stuck.

"Hey" he whispers as he places his warm hand on my thigh that is nearly against my stomach. My eyes fall to his hand and travel to his eyes. "It's going to be okay." He nods.

Tears well up. A drop falls down my cheek. "I'm so sorry." My words are barely audible. "This is all my fault." I cry.

My head rests on his shoulder as I let my tears free. We're too young for this. Seventeen and eighteen is far too young to become parents. Fuck. This is all my fault, isn't it?

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Charlie is in his office, streaming away. I would assume Human Fall Flat with Condi and Grizzly, but hell if I know. I follow to his door. Reaching up and twisting the doorknob, Charlie is revealed at his desk. Our presence is unknown.

"Daddy?" Callie speaks up with her hand resting on the doorknob. She gains both her father's full attention and a smile. He mutes himself and takes off his headset.

"Hi, Cal." His grin is nearly ear-to-ear as he looks across the room at our spawn. He reaches his arms out, welcoming her to run forward into his arms. As he lifts her into his lap, he looks over at me, in the doorway, and shoots me a smirk. He unmutes himself to chat and speaks.

"Chat, say hi to Callie!"

Charlie's fans love Callie. As if the spamming of chat wasn't clear. They always gush over her adorableness and how much she looks like him. Charlie begs to differ. He says she looks like my twin. I think everyone knows it's the other way around. There is a few people and family members that agree with him, but the majority is that Callie looks like her dad.

"Y/n's over in my doorway, being an amazing mother of course."

I mumble out a, "shut up.." gaining a small laugh from him.

"Say hi, Cal!" He gushes. She shyly waves at the webcam. Some days, she'll have a full conversation with him on stream, other days, she'll act timid as all hell.

It's insane how we went from terrified teenagers to actually responsible adults with cutest daughter ever. Our families feared that we'd split or something of the sort. Now, I'm happy to say that I have the best fiancé in the universe. Could it be too good to be true? Feels like it.

˗ˋ 🗓 ˊ˗

i'd like everyone to know that i've written three oneshots in one night now. (they'll be posted sporadically) i should probably sleep. but i'm a bad bitch😝

~ 1-800

published : July 8, 2020
words : 736