schlatt #2

𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐠
➹ 𝗷𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗹𝗮𝘁𝘁 ➹

» [miracle aligner] «
the last shadow puppets
0:00 ─〇───── 4:06
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

-ˏˋ 🍶 ˎˊ-

Tonight was supposed to be a date between Schlatt and I. A night alone to enjoy to ourselves. Of course, that didn't work out. Alan found out about it, told the rest of our friends, and now they're crashing what was supposed to be a cute and chill night at the county fair.

"JAKE! WHERE'S MY FUNNEL CAKE?!" Alissa stomps in front of the sandy blond, who has a suspicious smirk on his face. "Not sure. Where'd you leave it last?"

The curly-haired teen grunts. "I left it in my seat. And I told you not to touch it!"

Payton, Lilly, Madison, Schlatt, Alan, and I watch with a mix of amusement and curiousness. I twirl my bright red straw around in my slushee before lightly placing my lips to it. Schlatt's arm is draped around my shoulders just as Alan's is around Lilly.

Jake flashes devious glances around the table looking back over to Alissa. "I'll tell you if you kiss me."

The reaction is unanimous.

"Ew, Jake!"
"Seriously, dude?"
"Aw, come on, Jake!"
"I lost my appetite."
"Horny fucker."
"You could've said anything else."

Alissa scoffs before voicing her own response. "In your dreams, Novak."

The jock shrugs. "I tried."

"Not very hard." Payton mumbles before slipping a bit of cotton candy into his mouth.

"You owe me a funnel cake." Alissa commands towards Jake. This causes the two to spiral in probably the third argument of the night.

"Wanna go play some games?" Schlatt asks me discreetly. "I'll win you a stuffed animal." My heart flutters at the adorable offer. My mouth is filled to the brim with an almost frozen liquid, so I nod frantically with a blissful smile. My boyfriend takes his arm down and stands up. He reaches out and grabs my hand. I stand up after him, little to no one noticing. Hand in hand, we walk off to find one of the classic carnival games.

For the majority of the night, I've had my eye on this one plushie that seems to be reappearing at every booth. It's a decently large lion with a bushy mane, beady eyes, and a long tail. My eyes scan each and every game. I search desperately for the plush, itching to be able to hug and hold it in my arms.

Schlatt speaks up as we pass a few games. "Any idea which one you want?" He asks me.

I mumble, "One sec.." under my breath before my eyes land on the recreation of said mammal. My eyes widen as well as my smile. I raise my hand to point like a child. "The lion." I state before twisting and looking back at the towering male.

He nods before looking at me. "You would choose a big prize."

I nod with an excited "Mmhm!" I pull a slight puppy-eyed look while tilting my foot slightly. "Soooo~" I quietly beg.

He sighs heavily before breaking a smile. "Fine..."

Again, like a child, I gasp out a "Yes!" and jump up and down for a moment before dragging Schlatt over to the stand with old milk bottles and baseballs. I stop with a small hop. Holding his hand tight, I gaze lovingly up at Schlatt as he looks over to the worker. He converses with the pouty male before being handed three baseballs.

It couldn't have been a more perfect game for Schlatt to play. In order to win the lion, he has to hit down all three bottles at least two times. I take a seat in one of the barstool-like chairs, watching as he nails his first shot, toppling all three milk jugs. As the worker sets them back up, Schlatt turns to me with a smirk.

"Lion here we come."

Gripping the edge of the chair I sit in, I ask the chocolate-haired boy a question. "What should we name it?" I'm extremely hyper due to the situation, and it shows.

He thinks for a moment as the milk is done being set back up. "Greg" He states with a smile.

"Greg? That's a stupid name..." I groan out.

He hums. "And Y/n isn't?"

I giggle out a "Shut up" while nudging his arm. He turns and tosses another baseball. This time, hitting only the top of the pyramid of the three. He whispers out a curse before turning and seeing my unimpressed expression. He sticks out his tongue in the most childish way before turning back and focusing on the remaining three metal canisters. "Do it for Greg!" I exclaim, watching anxiously.

"FOR GREG!" He shouts, hurling the ball. Luckily, the last two crash to the ground. We both cheer before embracing in a celebratory hug. The bored man hands me the li- Greg. Schlatt intertwines our fingers once more as we begin to walk. My head rests against the plush comfortably. I pop my head up to look at my boyfriend.

"Thank you so much! I love you more than anyone has loved anybody ever!" My arms wrap around his waist, hugging him and also pressing my head to his side. Greg is still in my arms. I refuse to let go of him.

"I love you too, cutie." He chuckles out. We then continue our waltz to our friends, who are walking in our direction.

In Alissa's hands is a paper plate which holds a familiar fair food. She smiles over to me. "Jake got me another funnel cake!"

"She kissed me!" Jake blurts, earning a slap from the caramel-skinned girl. "SHUT UP!" She screeches.

"Can we please go on Tornado now?!" Madison pleads with her head in her hands. "PLEASE!" Payton joins in.

"But Greg..." I hug the lion close.

Lilly reaches her arms out. "I'll hold him." I go to hand him to her, only for Schlatt to stick his arm in front.

"Don't just hand our child off so easily!" I look up at him with an "are you stupid" look plastered. "She's the most reliable one here. It's either her or Alan, and if Alan has him, he'll end up stuck on top of the ferris wheel somehow just like Mabel!"

"I still don't know how that happened..."

-ˏˋ 🍶 ˎˊ-

i started writing this with an idea in mind, but i completely abandoned it halfway through. that's fun.
okay so thank you all for 9k reads. cuz hooooly shit that's a lot this quick. and almost 300 votes?? whaaaa?!
i also just realized that i either end my imagines with a joke or something of the sort or a kiss. fascinating.
also also. i rarely write schlatt oneshots and idk why. sorry for that🍻

~ 1-800

published : June 10, 2020
words : 1136