ted #5

𝐬𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐥𝐲
☾ 𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗻𝗶𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻 ☽

» [sweater weather] «
༄ kurt hugo schneider, alyson stoner, MAX ༄
0:00 ─〇───── 3:48
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

-ˏˋ ❄️ ˎˊ-

Sitting on the 6th floor, seeing cars rush, lights blink, people throwing snowballs. It's strangely calming. Legs are slid between the bars of my balcony. They swing back and forth as my arms are intertwined with the bars as well. The loose laces on my shoes tap my ankles lightly. My fingers are frigid, toes are cold even while in shoes and socks, nose is being nipped by Jack Frost, arms traced with goosebumps.

"Y/n?"

With my jump, my head whips to face behind me. I trail my eyes up to meet Ted's. I sigh before turning forward with my arms crossed.

"What do you want?" I sneer. My eyes squint. I shake my head with my words, "How did you even get into my apartment?"

"Well, first off," I hear his shoes scrape the concrete as he sits into the same position as me with his arms around the bars. I glide my eyes lazily to his face, looking annoyed as all hell. "I wanted to make sure you weren't dead." He breathes out.

I roll my eyes, pressing my hands to the chilled concrete below me. "Since when have you cared?"

I hear him sigh. I stare out at the city, not expecting a response. "Schlatt told me where your spare key was." I nod with my lips tightened into a straight line. Of course he did.

"Why did you say that?" I'm honestly blown away that he keeps speaking.

"What?"

"What you said on Twitter. You scared the shit out of everyone. And I mean everyone." His tone of voice and facial expression shows pure authenticity.

I open my mouth, yet I close it again. I turn to my left, facing away from him, and I press my cheek against the cold bars holding me on this balcony as my hands wrap around them. "I don't know." I mumble.

"Y/n-"

I look over to him. "Ted, I just did! I was reflecting on the past and tweeted something I probably shouldn't have! Alright?" Right on the last latter of my last word, my voice shakes. I noticed. God knows if Ted did; however, he definitely noticed me bring my right hand up over my mouth as if I was trying to cover the words after they had been released. Like I let all of the animals loose and only bothered to fix the cage after they were gone. I pull it away slowly with a sigh. I now press my forehead against the bars with my eyes sealed shut.

His eyes were glued to me this entire time. Even after I blurted all of that out. Silence blankets us. White flakes begin to coast down from the clouds slowly. They hit my fingernails, hand, knees, and thighs, immediately turning to small droplets of cold water.

A shiver passes through my body. Wrapping my arms around my body, I breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth. A cloud forms in the air and quickly disappears in front of my face.

"You cold?" He asks.

"Nope. I shiver for fun."

Ted sighs. "So I shouldn't let you borrow my hoodie?" I don't respond. I refuse to appear weak in front of him. "Just take it." I look over at him to see his arm outstretched, holding his pink, Twitch hoodie. My eyes snap from it to his face, doubt lacing my features. "Please?" I take it from his hands without my eyes leaving his. He's the first to look away. I look back out at the city before slipping it over my head. Ted exhales like he wants to speak, yet he doesn't.