Chapter 9 Tommy's reason for wanting to protect Ariel

The next day Tommy was asking Ariel why she wants to do the battle her own way. "It's not just me doing the battle. Why don't you want me to do it my own way? Better yet why do you want me to improve my battle plans?" Ariel said. "Look, the real reason is because I don't want you to get hurt." Tommy said. "Dad, look, I know the risks that come with being a ranger, okay? I don't need you telling me what to do anymore. I'm the leader of this team and I'm going to lead them the way I want to." Ariel said before walking out. Tommy sighs. "If only you knew that being the leader is not as easy as it seems." Tommy said. Ariel meets her friends at the cafe in Zeilinople. "Hey guys, my dad is a nutcase." Ariel said. "Uh, you're just now figuring that out?" John said. "Now what happened?" Virginia said. "He told me that he doesn't want me to get hurt." Ariel said. "The reason why he said that is because he cares about you." John said. "Yeah, I guess you guys are right." Ariel said. "Just give your dad some time. One day he'll see that you can do things the way you want to and that he doesn't need to tell you what to do in the battles." Virginia said. "Well, what if he doesn't see that? He might never see it, unless..." Ariel said. "Unless what?" Joe said. "Unless I can help him remember what he was like when he was the red ranger." Ariel said. "And exactly how do you plan on doing that?" Josh said. "My family has some photo albums in the basement. They are in a big cardboard box. Maybe I can grab some that are at the bottom of the box and bring them into the living room to show my dad." Ariel said. "That sounds like a great idea." Jane said. "Okay guys, wish me luck." Ariel said while walking out. "Good luck." All of her friends said right before she walked out. The next day Ariel went down to the basement and brought up some photo albums that have pictures of Tommy from the time when he was the green ranger up to the time when he was the red ranger. Then Tommy walked into the living room with Kimberly. Tommy looked through the pictures with Ariel and explained when the pictures were taken. When it got up to the zeo and turbo ones he just went silent. "Dad, are you okay?" Ariel said. "Yeah, I'm okay." Tommy said. "I was just wondering. But why did you go silent on me all of a sudden?" Ariel asked. "Okay, when I was your age I got captured by prince Gasket and got brainwashed by him. Of course my friends helped me to see who my real friends are. When I was a turbo power ranger, right before I passed on my powers to someone else I got caught near an explosion. I was trying to get away from it but I couldn't get away from it fast enough. So I got hurt. I don't want the same thing to happen to you. It's just, painful memories, you know?" Tommy said. "Yeah, I understand." Ariel said. "That's the real reason why I have been trying to protect you." Tommy said. "Hey, remember what you were like at that age?" Kimberly said. "Yeah." Tommy said. The next day Ariel called her friends on WhatsApp and told them why her dad has been trying to protect her. She got her dad to know that she can do things on her own and got him to remember what he was like at her age. The next day Ariel was walking around town with her friends when one of her friends from her autism group came up to them. "Hi Jacob." Ariel said. "Hey, what's up?" Jacob said. "Not much, hey are you going to be at autism group this upcoming Friday night?" Ariel asked. "Yeah, I'll be there." Jacob said. "Okay, see ya on Friday." Ariel said. "See ya later." Jacob said before walking away. "Who was that?" John asked after Jacob left. "That was my friend Jacob. He went to Pine Richland." Ariel said. "Isn't Pine Richland one of our rivals?" John asked. "Yeah." Ariel said. The next day Ariel went out for a run. When she was out on her run she runs into Aisha Campbell. "Hi, I'm Aisha." Aisha said. "Hi, I'm Ariel." Ariel said. "Hey, you're Tommy's daughter, aren't you?" Aisha said. "Yeah wait, how do you know my dad?" Ariel asked. "I was a power ranger with him when we were teenagers." Aisha said. That's cool, are you Joe's mom?" Ariel asked. "Yeah." Aisha said. "Okay, I better get back home." Ariel said. "Okay, I guess I'll see you around." Aisha said. The next day at 6:30 p.m. Ariel was walking to parents in toto (autism resource center in Zelienople) for autism group. At autism group Ariel played super smash bros. brawl with Jacob and a few of his friends.

 brawl with Jacob and a few of his friends

At 8:00 p.m. Ariel decided to walk home. While she was walking home Alyssa comes out from behind a tree. "Hello red turbo ranger." Alyssa said. "What do you want?" Ariel asked. "I want you to help me destroy the power rangers and you can be one of my subjects when I rule the planet." Alyssa said. "Destroy my teammates? I'm not doing that!" Ariel said. "You don't have much of a choice." Alyssa said. "You're a heartless bitch." Ariel said. "I know I am. Why do you think that I was trying to destroy your friendship with the others? If you don't destroy your team, I will hurt your dad." Alyssa said. "Don't you dare threaten my family!" Ariel said. "You have to make the decision, either you destroy your teammates or your dad dies." Alyssa said. In Ariel's mind she is saying that she doesn't want to destroy her teammates and she doesn't want her dad to suffer. Ariel walks home and went up to her room. "I got it, I will make it seem like I destroyed my team. I will have to talk to my team about this." Ariel said to herself.