Chapter 2 Ariel and her friends get the morphers

A few years go by and Ariel is now in 5th grade with her friends. Tommy showed her the morphers he had. "I was thinking, what if you become a power ranger?" Tommy asked. "Dad, are you sure about this? I'm not even a teenager yet. I'm only 11 years old, going to be 12 real soon." Ariel said. "Yeah, I'm sure about this. What morpher do you want?" Tommy said. "I was thinking that maybe I should have your old turbo ranger morpher." Ariel said. "Okay, I just have to do some repairs on it before I give it to you." Tommy said. Meanwhile at John's house his mom was making repairs to her old dino thunder morpher while John was playing minecraft on the computer. Meanwhile back at Ariel's house Ariel was playing forge of empires. She thought that Tommy is going to teach her how to use the morpher but doesn't know for sure. The next day at school Ariel had her morpher on her. Alyssa walks up to her during recess and threatened to push John off the swing. Then she walked away from her. "Dang, she's a troublemaker." Ariel said to herself.

Then John walked up to her. "Hey, what's up?" John asked. "Not much, it's just that, Alyssa threatened to push you off the swing." Ariel said. "She makes threats like that all the time but she never actually does what she threatened to do." John said. "Oh, I didn't realize that. Hey, there's a balance beam over there. Let's go over to it." Ariel said. They walk over to the balance beam and Ariel started to walk across it when John noticed the morpher. "Hey, what's that on your wrist?" John asked. "It's a power ranger morpher. My mom and dad were power rangers." Ariel said. Then John looked at the morpher on his wrist when the others walk up to them and show them their morphers. "Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?" Virginia asked. "What?" Ariel asked. "That we all have former power rangers for parents?" Virginia asked. "That's what it looks like." John said. "Only one way to find out. Anyway something seemed a little off about Alyssa today, but I don't know what." Ariel said. Then it was time for them to go back in for their afternoon classes. After school Alyssa asked her mom what she should do. "Don't be so serious." Rita said.

The next day Ariel had her friends over for a playdate. They have been talking about it ever since they were in 2nd grade. They are 11 years old. They played board games and did crafts. They also made an indoor fort, played a little bit of soccer, and did an obstacle course in the backyard. The next day Alyssa was walking out of the school with Ariel and her friends when she said "Ariel has a thing for any animals except snakes." Then Ariel turned to Alyssa. "Don't even start with me Alyssa." Ariel said. "Well she is an animal lover." Virginia said. "Yeah, so you're actually right about that." John said. "Sounds like you guys are getting along but that doesn't mean that you guys are ready to be friends." Ariel said. When Ariel got home she started to do her homework. "Maybe dad can teach me how to use this morpher." Ariel said to herself while she was doing her homework. The next day Ariel was walking along the streets of Zeilenople, Pennsylvania when Alyssa showed up and used her mom's staff to capture her. She tried to take her powers but Ariel fought back. She didn't have her morpher on her at the time so that was at least one unmorphed fight. Ariel succeeds in escaping and she went back home. While walking home Ariel realizes that she should have been home at least ten minutes ago. "Dad is going to kill me for coming back later than I should have." Ariel said. She got home and when Tommy asked her why she was ten minutes late coming back Ariel told him what happened. "Rita Repulsa still causing trouble, but this time, has her daughter doing it." Tommy said. "What did you just say dad?" Ariel asked. "Rita has her daughter causing trouble." Tommy said. "What are you saying?" Ariel asked. "What do you think I'm trying to say?" Tommy said. "Wait, are you saying that Alyssa is Rita Repulsa's daughter?" Ariel asked. "Yeah. She is basically training her to be just like her." Tommy said. "So, that must be why she captured me." Ariel said. The next day Ariel was doing some homework when Tommy walked up to her. "How's your homework going?" Tommy asked. "It's going good but there is something that I wanted to ask you. Can you show me how to use the turbo ranger morpher?" Ariel asked. "Sure, but only after your done with your homework." Tommy said. "Okay." Ariel said. After she did her homework Tommy got a fake turbo ranger morpher out for Ariel to practice the morph until she masters it. Then he showed her how to use the morpher.

A few weeks go by and Ariel masters the morph. Tommy gives her the morpher and tells her to keep it with her at all times. "But dad " Ariel began when Tommy cut her off. "You have to keep it with you. I don't want what happened a few weeks ago to happen again." Tommy said. "Okay, fine, whatever." Ariel said. Then she went to the cafe in Zeilinople with her friends. While they were at the cafe Ariel noticed that her friends had their morphers on them. "Let me guess, your parents wanted you guys to keep your morphers with you at all times too." Ariel said. "Yeah." Virginia said. "Okay, so why do you think that our parents wanted us to keep our morphers on us at all times?" John asked. "Guys, the reason why is because I got captured by Alyssa and she tried to take my powers but I fought back. I ended up escaping successfully." Ariel said. "Let me guess, Rita Repulsa is training Alyssa to be just like her." Virginia said. "Yeah, she always seems to cause trouble." Ariel said. The next day Ariel was working on a project for one of her classes.