Chapter 3 Ariel's gymnastics training

The next day Ariel and Virginia were thinking about doing some gymnastics but Ariel is not too sure about it. "Hey, I don't know if you know this but when my mom was our age she fell off the balance beam and hit her head really hard. I guess I'm just scared that it will happen to me." Ariel said. "Don't worry, you have amazing balance. I saw you on the balance beam before. You were able to keep your balance on the balance beam the whole way across." Virginia said. "Yeah, I guess you're right." Ariel said. "Of course I'm right." Virginia said. "Okay, so where were you going to take gymnastics classes?" Ariel asked. "I was thinking about taking them at the Butler gymnastics club and dance center." Virginia said. "I've been there before." Ariel said. There was another gymnastics place just off of McKnight road. It was called gymkhana. It was in the back of an old Levin Furniture warehouse. "Hey Virginia, there is this other gymnastics place called gymkhana and I went to a summer camp there one time." Ariel said. "Where was gymkhana?" Virginia asked. "It was in the point breeze part of Pittsburgh." Ariel said. "It would take like 45 minutes to get there." Virginia said. "Well, compared to 20 minutes Butler is closer." Ariel said. "Remember the gravity room at the children's museum?" Virginia asked. "Yeah, what about it?" Ariel asked. "There was a sign there that said that if your sense of balance disagrees then you just feel dizzy." Virginia said. "That's part of what the sign said. I don't remember the first half of it." Ariel said. A few weeks later as Ariel was practicing her balance beam routine for an upcoming gymnastics competition she fell off the balance beam and hit her head really hard. Virginia remembered what happened to her in the past. "Ariel, oh no, what have I done?" Virginia asked herself. She tried to get Ariel to open the back door to the gym by banging on it and calling her name but that didn't work so she went in through the delivery entrance. Ariel got ready to do the backflip part of her routine but after doing that she lost her balance just as Virginia ran in. As she fell, "Ariel, no!" Virginia said. Ariel hit her head really hard. Virginia walked over to her and knelt down at her head. "It's all my fault." Virginia said. Then she called 911 from her cell phone. When they got to the hospital they took her in. "What have we got?" Doctor Jacobs asked. "Her name is Ariel Cornell. This is her friend, she saw it happen." One of the nurses said. "She was practicing on the balance beam and she fell and hit her head really hard." Virginia said. "Alright, call up to radiology, I want a full series of pictures, cat scan, EEG, MRI, the works. Let's hurry people. She's a very lucky girl, it's a good thing you were able to call for help right away." Doctor Jacobs said. Ariel was able to open her eyes a little bit but her vision was a little blurry. She had her eyes slightly open for one second. Then she closed her eyes again. She could kinda hear what Virginia and Doctor Jacobs said. He told Virginia to wait outside. "Ariel, can you hear me? I'm Doctor Jacobs and I'm going to take good care of you." Doctor Jacobs said. Then one of the nurses was walking by when Virginia stopped her. "Can you tell me something?" Virginia asked. "As soon as we hear anything we'll let you know, we promise." The nurse said before walking away. The next day Joe, John, and Virginia were walking around the streets of Zeilinople. "You okay John? You seem kinda out of it." Joe said. "Yeah, I'm really worried about Ariel you guys." John said. "I know you are. The doctor did say she's gonna be okay." Joe said. "I know, it's this whole gymnastics thing. She had an interest in it. It's just like her." John said. "You're right about that." Joe said. Then Alyssa shows up with her mom. "Oh great, the Adams family is back." John said. "Stand back John, all we want is the girl. Just hand her over and there won't be any trouble." Alyssa said. "No way Alyssa, you're never going to get your hands on her." John said. "I was almost hoping you'd say that." Alyssa said. "You'll be sorry." Rita said. Then they leave but left a note behind. Oh man, what are they up to?" John said as he picked up the note. He opened it and reads it. "What does it say John?" Joe asked. "It's about Ryan. If we don't turn Virginia over to them by the end of the day, they're going to throw him into the sea of sorrow where he'll remain forever." John said. "I was afraid that something like this would happen." Virginia said. "Don't worry Virginia, we're not going to let anything happen to you." Joe said. "But if we don't do something soon, we'll never see Ryan again." John said. They find out something at the end of the day. The next day they went to the hospital to visit Ariel. She just woke up but only allowing them to visit her one at a time. John grabbed her stuffed animal wolf and walked into her room. He touches her hand with the stuffed animal wolf and she turned her head towards him. "Hey, how are you?" John asked. "My head kinda hurts. Other than that I'm just fine." Ariel said. "I bet, you did hit your head really hard." John said. "Wait, Virginia told you what happened?" Ariel asked. "Yeah." John said. "Thanks for coming here." Ariel said. Then Virginia walked into her room. "Hey girl. Does your head still hurt?" Virginia asked. "Just a little bit." Ariel said. "That was a bad fall. I bet that you were scared when you lost your balance." Virginia said. "Yeah, I was really scared when I lost my balance. The next thing I remember was my head hitting the floor and then blacking out." Ariel said. After that the rest of her friends visited her and she got to talk to all of them.