Chapter 5 Ariel's friends find out her plan to help Alyssa

Back at the headquarters Virginia and the others are trying to figure out why it's taking so long for Ariel to come back. "Do you guys think that Ariel is going to help her?" John asked. "Maybe not, she's too smart for that." Virginia said. "It didn't look like it." Josh said. Meanwhile at Alyssa's house she put the same spell that Tommy was under when he was a teenager on Ariel and she didn't even fight back.

The next day as her friends were walking around town they bumped into Ariel but only Virginia noticed that something wasn't right. "Guys, I think she might have helped Alyssa after all." Virginia said. "There's only one way to find out." John said. The next day Virginia walked up to Ariel while she was doing some yoga. "Hey Ariel, what's up?" Virginia asked. "Not much." Ariel said. "Okay, well remember two days ago when we ran into Alyssa and you told us to give you guys some space?" Virginia asked. "Yeah, why?" Ariel said. "Did you end up helping Alyssa or did you not help her? I need you to be honest with me." Virginia said. "Okay, you're going to hate me for this. I ended up helping her. Obviously her mom thinks that she betrayed her so I told her to make me evil." Ariel said. "Wait, did you just say that you told Alyssa to make you evil?" Virginia asked. "Yeah." Ariel said. "I don't believe this, you betrayed us!" Virginia said. "Virginia, it's the only way to show Rita that Alyssa didn't betray her, I had no choice!" Ariel said as Virginia walked away. Ariel felt like she was all alone.

Ariel felt like she just lost her friends. A few days later Ariel's friends have been avoiding her and giving her the silent treatment. "This has to stop. The only problem is I don't know how to get them to be my friends again." Ariel said to herself. Alyssa noticed what was going on and decided to lift the spell from her. Alyssa lifted the spell from Ariel while she was sleeping. The next day Ariel went out for a run. When she was out on her run she passed out. Her friends found her a few seconds later and decided to take her back to her house. "Do you guys think that she'll be okay?" Virginia asked. "Maybe." Joe said. A few hours later Ariel woke up and noticed that she was back at her house. "How did I get here?" Ariel asked while looking around. Then Virginia walked up to her. "Hey girl." Virginia said. "Oh, so you're finally talking to me." Ariel said sarcastically. "Are you okay?" Virginia asked. "I think so but I don't know how I got here. All I remember was that I was out for a run and then all of a sudden I just pass out." Ariel said. "Here's how you got back to your house. Our friends and I found you a few seconds after you passed out. John carried you all the way back here." Virginia said. "Wait, what? He carried me back here?" Ariel asked. "Yeah, and by the way, when we got you back he kissed you." Virginia said. "Wait, he kissed me?" Ariel said. "Yeah, you know what they say." Virginia said. "Yeah, I know, true loves kiss, works every time." Ariel said. "He thought that true loves kiss would work really quickly but since you were out cold it took a while to take affect." Virginia said. The next day Ariel was walking around town when she noticed that John was out cold. Virginia decided that they should take him back to his house. They don't know how long he was out for and when Virginia told Ariel to give him true loves kiss she started to wonder if it was going to be strong enough.

She gave him true loves kiss and it worked. The next day Ariel was walking around town with her friends when Alyssa showed up. "Hey guys." Alyssa said. "What do you want Alyssa?" Ariel asked. "I just want to say thanks to you my mom actually now knows that I didn't betray her or anyone." Alyssa said. "More like betrayed us if any." Ariel said. Then Alyssa left. "Ariel, are you going to tell us how you helped her?" John asked. "After you guys left I asked her what was going on and she didn't want to talk about it. Then I told her that I can't help her if I don't know what's going on. That's when she told me that her mom thought that she betrayed her. I couldn't stand to see her like that so I decided that she should put a spell on me to make me evil, but only until her mom noticed that she didn't betray her. When you guys didn't talk to me she had to remove the spell from me. After that I had a lot of stuff on my mind so I went out for a run to clear my head. That was until I passed out." Ariel said. "Wow, so you were out to clear your head but we were coming to let you know that we were going to hang out at the park. We were going to ask you if you wanted to come with us until we found you and noticed that you were out cold." Virginia said. "Looked like everything turned out fine. I have to get going." Ariel said. "Going? Going where?" John asked. "Shopping, I checked my closet this morning and there's a serious shortage of red in there. Ariel said. They all laughed. "See you guys later." Ariel said as she walked out. "Okay, see ya." Virginia said. The next day Ariel met with her old friend Nicole. "Hey Nicole." Ariel said. "Hey, I haven't seen you since the last day of school in first grade." Nicole said. Yeah, I know. Do you want to hang out with me at the park?" Ariel asked. "Sure, we have a lot to catch up on." Nicole said. Then they went to the community park to hang out with each other and to catch up after five school years of not seeing each other.