Chapter 1: Moving out

"Come on Riley we have to go!" My mother yelled for me.

"Five more minutes!" I whined loudly.

"No! No more minutes" she screamed.

I woke up to the sound of neighbor hood kids throwing rocks at my window trying to coax me into approaching them. I groaned and opened the window and wiped my eyes. "What is it?" I asked blocking a rock from hitting my forehead.

"COME OUT RILEY, LETS HAVE A RACE. Freak" The neighborhood bully was with his posse yelling at me.

I looked down in frustration. They seriously have nothing better to do?

"Oh come on. Afraid you'll lose?" He laughed with his friends. I growled at him and threw a pencil towards him. It almost hit him. "You throw like a girl" He yelled.

"Wait till I get down stairs! I'll show you what a girl can throw like!" I closed my window with a slam and stormed towards the bathroom.

We had to move today, the town is getting suspicious about how fast I am, well I am pretty fast, and there's only one reason, and one reason only

*cough, cough* I have super speed

We are moving to New York, from this hell hole we call Chicago. and I couldn't be happier to leave. I pack my bags slowly but didn't bother switching out of my pajamas. I held a few bags, and I struggled with them and skidded my feet outside.

"Are you scared?" The bully asked me.

"No." I said putting the bags in the car. "I'm just afraid that you'll snitch on me" I smirked. I hopped into the car leaving them stunned. I blew them a kiss and waved, "later" I smiled

My adopted parents found a job out in the big apple. I always ask why go all the way to the east. But my questions don't ever get answered. Win win i guess. I get to leave the city that outcasts me and now I get to meet a bunch of my idols.

I joined track a few months back, my parents didn't know because they would automatically flip out if I used my speed for personal gain. I ignored thier warnings and got gold in almostallmy events. That's when everyone grew their suspicions. I guess a kid running olympic speed at 15 doesn't seem plausible.

We had to leave when this one guy said we will "Burn your house down you witch!" Then that assured our leave. Over a kid running track. Can you believe that insanity?

So now we make our escape. We leave this retched old town, my fake friends, the bullies, and the annoying teachers. I'm not going to miss this place at all.

The neighborhood bully has been giving me a hard time since I was 6 and when we all went to highschool. It just got worse.

My mom said he liked me, I just kept laughing when they said it. I know he did, he was too brave and too conceited to admit it. My dad said bullying happens to most people, how someone deals with it is what makes them special.

I didn't like his answer.

"He said he has friends in New York" I peeked around the drivers seat.

"Don't worry, Spider-Man will save you" he said chuckling to himself. He was looking at me from the rear view mirror inside the car. I laughed

I laugh "Like he has time for little ol me" I smiled. I glanced at the GPS. The car ride was a 12 hour trip. I groaned and laid in the back seat. I watched several movies to pass the time but my mom tended to interrupt me and tried to talk to me about the city itself.

I fell asleep for the rest of the 6 hours. I dreamt about the bright night lights of New York . I awoke to the sound of passing cars and honking horns. My eyes fluttered open as I rose from the seat.

I look around New York City! Wow, more amazing than I thought. My eyes were just in awe. Then a huge man on the jumbo tron popped up and startled me with his voice

"SPIDER-MAN IS A MENANCE" he yelled.

We arrived at our house, I looked around for a while, "It's small" I mumbled.

"Well it's only the three of us."

"By tomorrow, you will be settled in" My dad smiled.

"What do you mean?"

"Riley, you will be going to Midtown Highschool, early tomorrow morning" My mom said

I groan "Why don't I get a rest from the traveling" I wondered. "They shouldn't be that eager to add another student."

I looked into the mirror on the floor and put my red hair up in a ponytail. I was guided to my room, and my one mattress was on the floor "I'm sorry we have to still set up your bed"

I shrugged " As long I can sleep on it"

Couldn't sleep at all. One. I took a 3 hour nap not to long ago. Two, Thinking about what's going to happen tomorrow. I'll be entering in the middle of the first semester of my sophmore yearx

"Will I even fit in, I never fit in with my stupid red hair. It's more of a curse than a blessing. I can't wait to have some guy to bother me all over again" I kicked the wall and pouted.