Chapter 29: Sick

I woke up with my head pounding. "ooh" I groan. I trudged down stairs "ooogg" I moan and hold my head.

"Riley you ok?" May asked about to head out the door.

"No in fine" I cough. She came over and felt my face.
"Sweetie you are burning up" She kept feeling my face, like my mom would.

"You're staying home, and so will I" she said.

"N-No I'll take care of her after all she lives here" Peter stammered.

"I think it's sweet but...."

I cough louder "It's ok, I'll be good in Peters hands" I smile weakly.

"Alright. But check in with me" she left.

I sit on the couch. "So you are sick" Sam said. I nod. "Then cough on me" he said.

I coughed into my sleeve and smiled. "Why?"

"Because I have a quiz, now I need your sickness" he put his cheek near me. I kissed his cheek. "There"

I sneezed my annoying bunny sneeze several times "Bless you...That's so cute" he laughed.

I smiled. "Thank you."

"We have to leave" Ava said. Sam sighed and got up from the couch.

"One for good luck?" He pointed to his cheek and smirked. I tend to forget how bold this boy is.

"When you pass that quiz" I laugh and coughed at the same time.

"Feel better, and maybe I'll get Flash to come over" Sam laughed and left before I could throw the pillow at him.

I coughed. "Water?" Peter asked. I turned on the T.V.

"Yes please, and don't worry I can take care of my self"

I get up and Peters hands me a glass of water, I drink and I spill someone my hand it turned into steam.

I check my temperature and my hand alone was hot. "Oh I don't think this is a cold" I say I opened the door and a blast of cold air hit me. I coughed and coughed. "Close the door Riley" Peter said.

"No I'm going to a doctor" I shout putting my coat on. He casually shuts the door and pulled off my coat and webbed me my to the chair

"You need your rest and we'll see what happens when you wake up.

I glared at him "I don't need to, let me out" I sneeze. I sighed and just a bit smoke came out of my mouth. I ignored it thinking it was just my imagination and fell asleep.

--------------------

By the time I woke up everyone was home and I wasn't webbed anymore.

"Afternoon" Ava was at the table doing homework. I stretched over the chair and then I got up, and put on my costume.

I grab a pack of ice and held it to my head "This fever isn't going away"

"And where do you think you are going?" I was stopped by Danny in his costume with Peter and Luke.

"I am going to the emergency room for my sickness" I try to get past

"Not with that costume you aren't, where are you really going?" Nova said folding his arms.

"Fine I am going Tony S-" I stopped and froze my stomach sucked in and it flipped and I crippled to the floor in pain. "Definitely not a cold" I dropped the ice pack to bring my arms to my belly.

My head throbbed and burned. I whimpered. "Going- to -Tony" I say I between my aches and pains.

"Were going with you" They said. I smile a bit and I stopped again. I fell to the floor on my back. I must have spaced out

"Riley, Riley?!" Tiger called. My vision got blurred and I was dehydrated. Nova picked me up and left the house in a rush."Ill see you at Stark's."

"Nova" I moan barley seeing him.

"Don't worry you'll be fine" He sent me a reassuring smile and I tried to supress my pain.

I felt the pain on my stomach and head again. I curled up into his arms and hold my stomache.

He landed on the helipad and a computer came up, "Scanning intruders" Jarvis said.

"Stand down, Jarvis its just Dasher, or some other corny name..." Stark called

I roll over

"Your name is Iron man what is cornier than that?" I had my hand on my belly laughing.

"How you doing champ?" He smiled. I whimpered and held my head.

I was put on a lab bed and was scan." This does not look good. Jesus were you eating a raw animal?" he said.

I turned my head "You have a virus in your body, it's usually given to animals. Especially this high dose. I'll have to take a DNA sample to figure out what the hell its doing to your body and how to fix it"

"Dammit Kraven."

He took a swab of my blood and analyzed it. "We made it" I heard the door opened.

"Ah Spider-Man you are just in time come help me with this stuff" Tony said. I wanted to sit-up but couldn't.

"This defiantly can't be good" He said once again as I felt a slight burn in my hand.