Chapter 21: Alex

I turned the corner and in my direct way, some fight blocked the hallway. I couldn't come up with any other routes to the principals at the moment.

I squeezed my way through the seniors and juniors "What's going on here?" I mumble

"What's your damage Parker?" A familiar voice shouted. I peep over a shoulder.

"It's not right to bully this kid" Peter said

"He owes me some math homework" Flash grabbed the kid and he yelped.

"Hey!" I snapped. "Put the kid down"

"Who said that? Which one of you deadbeats want to get beat up with Peter and Alex " Flash cackled.

I pushed past people and made my way into the opening. "Could you quit being a jack ass and not do this in the middle of the hall?" I folded my arms..

He snorted "Come join your buddies Riley."

"Drop him."

"What gives you the right to command me?!"

I glared at him in annoyance.  "Drop. him. Since you always want to fight someone, why not pick on someone who is willing to kick your ass." I pushed him. I genuinely was not in a good mood today. I could use a punching bag. Flash dropped him and smiled.

"You're lucky you're cute, or else I would've bash that face of yours in" he smirked.

"I'd like yo see you try." I said putting up my fists.

"Riley!" Peter hissed.

"What is going on out here?" The guidance counselor shouted. Everyone ran to avoid getting caught.

I grabbed the scrawny kid and ran with him "Sorry Peter." I shout as he and a bunch of
other kids were caught, not including Flash.

"Let go of me!" The kid whipped his arm out of mine.

"I am just trying to help" I snapped back. The boy pushed his glasses further up his face. "Im Riley." I narrowed my eyes expecting a name.

"Alex" he turned his head down.

"You ok? You looked pretty terrified back there" I held out my hand.

He smacked it away from him "I don't need your pity"

"I wasn't giving you pity. I was trying to be nice." I said with a smirk.

He walked away disgusted at my efforts of friend making. I roll my eyes and continued my quest to the office.

"Is Mr. Coulson in?" I poked my head through the door.

"Riley come in" He motioned his hand. I opened the door

"I need you to sign a permission slip for the field trip?"

"Shouldn't your m-"He paused for a second.

"Exactly, why you need to sign it for her"

"Shouldn't May sign that?" He replied "She is your guardian after all"

I shrug "I guess, isn't the field trip in like a week, why give it now?"

"It gives people a chance to hand it in so they can learn about history" He smiled a bit. I raised an eye brow

"You sure people just don't want to get out of class?"

He pondered and put his finger to his chin "Hmm I guess you are right. But history is about the learning and understanding of ones cu-"

I put my hands up and left "FORGET IT! I have to get to first period"

----------

"Why are these lunch lines so long?" I groan.

Sam shrugged "Maybe people just like nachos?"

I smirked "Or maybe they don't want what's on the other side" I pointed.

"Legend says the vegetarian line is haunted" someone said in front of me

"Who ever goes in there is haunted and ends up very scary when they come out" he added

I peer over to the empty line across from us. I put my foot up ready to jump it. "You're joking. You're making a fool out of your self" Sam scoffed pulling me back down

I grabbed my tray and stood in the middle of the cafeteria. "What's wrong Alex? Too wimp to stand up for yourself?"

I turn towards the noise. They're bullying Alex again. Danny waved me over to our table but my feet told me otherwise.

I slid out the chair and sat in unknown territory. "Hi Alex" I said lowly

"What do you want?" He mumbled.

I picked a paper ball out of his hair. "Look if you want someone to like you, you have to stop being so rude."

He rolled his eyes "Whatever"

I popped a chip in my mouth "So what's going on with you and Flash"

"Don't worry about it will all be over soon. My friend is going to teach him a lesson he won't forget" He devishly smiled and left the cafeteria

I was about to follow up but I rather not. I went back to my usual table "Where have you been?"Ava asked

"I have been helping a kid" I trail off.

"We have to meet Fury somewhere he didn't say though" she said

I groaned "I need a break from this job."