Chapter 27: Wild Cat

I was finishing my solar system report last minute with Sam. "How do you know so much about space" I smile and asked him.

"Well actually I used-"

Ava came down stairs with her hair misplaced. "What are you two looking at" she hissed. We looked at the paper quickly. She went into the kitchen and burped.

I jumped up and went into kitchen. Everyone watched Ava chug a whole carton of milk. "Danny didn't you wash the dishes yesterday" I asked.

"Yeah..... and the..... cups" He replied leaning on the table.

I looked at Peter who nodded. He grabbed the carton of milk and I grabbed Ava. "Come on kitty let's go and change, I'll take her to Fury, you guys get her stuff for school."

I threw her onto her bed and she was threatening to scratch me, We both changed but she was faster. I locked the door and turned around and the window was open.

"She's gone" I run down stairs

"How did you manage to lose her?!" Peter asked packing her bag.

"She jumped out the window after I locked the door." I panicked.

"Then go look for her!"

I was about to open the door but Aunt May was on the porch.

"Jump out a window" Peter hissed. I run upstairs and leaped over the window sill and outside.

"Thank god for hurdles in gym" I mumble and run off to find Tiger.

--------------------

I stopped running and sat in the middle of Central Park. People looked at me while walking away. I felt someone coming. I turn and it was Ava, her mask eyes were rugged and her hair was tangled.

"FOOD" she yelled.

"Calm down I'll get you something, what do you want?" I asked politely.

She ran off she was fast, she came back and motioned me to follow. "Let's move"

I ran after her and into an Italian shop. "You can sure eat

She shrugged and jumped on a table and shoved a plater of pasta. "Sorry about my friend" I smile while handing money to the waiter.

"It's ok you protect this city, the least we can do it give you a platter of food"

I followed Ava. "Why are you acting like this?". she looked at me.

"You all get to act yourselves, why can't I?! This my true nature" She continued to eat.

"Fury we have a problem, I need a hovercraft to reach you guys." I spoke into my watch, I looked back and Ava was ready to go. I sat on her so she can't get up.

"Soldier, the Helicarrier fell. So report to Coulson" he said. I nod and got up and stuffed twenty dollars into her pocket. "My lunch money but I case you get hungry" she stared for a minute and ran off.

I snuck back into Aunt May's house and changed into my school clothes and ran into school to talk to Coulson.

"Oh look who finally got here" Flash said. "I have been trying to contact you, people have been spreading rumour... that we are going out"

I laugh "Oh yeah? Other people been spreading that."

"Well I think..... and hear me out.....we should confirm those rumors."

I nodded "Sure"

"Did you say yes?"

"No I was being sarcastic" I turned around and went to the principle's office. "Don't you have somewhere to be?" I asked

"Not really, but I got someone to be with" he smirked.

"Give that lucky girl my regards." I escaped the conversation and ended up at the principal's office

"Principle Coulson?"  I opened the door.

"Come in, is this about Ava?" he asked. He already had Nick Fury on the phone

"Alright this is what I know, her amulet is glowing brighter than before and she's acting like an actual cat." I folded my arms.

"I knew this would happen" Nick said. "It's the amulet's power that her father gave to her"

"Where is her father? Maybe he can fix it..." I folded my arms and leaned against the door. Nick Fury and Coleson exchanged glances. "Oh! Oh....What do you want me to do with her?"

"You are her personal body guard. You could be excused from school if you need to." Nick said.

"Yeah, yeah I get it" I said.

"Oh and about Flash" Coulson said.

I scoffed. "We don't need to talk about that. I'm not interested or have the time. Gotta find Ava!" I raised my voice and left before he could say anything else