Chapter 22: Hawkeye

Ava and I took a train to Elizabeth, New Jersey "Is it just us today, Ava?" I peer towards her.

"Yeah Luke and Peter had to go on a mission" she replied, without warning we stopped and she fell over.

"What about Danny and Sam?"

"They didn't want to come in general. Danny pretended not to hear me and Sam didn't want to go cause he was watching TV" Ava rolled her eyes.

"This gets so annoying" She mumbled taking about the train. "You gotta hold on like your life depends on it, unless you want to end up on someone sweaty."

I laughed at the reality of it.

Elizabeth the overcom yelled. We both jumped off and contacted Fury at the station

"Nick we are in New Jersey what now?" I spoke.

"Good your here, walk north 270 steps and make a right towards the tunnel and you'll be picked up there, Fury out" It switched off.

"We have to pace our selfs to a tunnel?" She shouted in frustration. People looked at her weirdly.

"But first let me get something to eat, I can't do this on an empty stomach" I bought two bags of chips from the stand behind me.

We began to walk "Let's make sure which way is north ok?" I pulled out my phone. "Well we are facing east so that way is north?"

She shrugged "I dunno"

We agreed which way was north and walked " Look there is the tunnel" she mumbled. A man with a car came into view

"Is that? Coulson?" I squinted. "That's not him." I looked at Ava

"Then who is that, is he supposed to pick us up?"

"Hey you two, Shield agents?" He called.

"What's it to ya" Ava yelled.

"You got spunk, that'll get you killed. Let's go we are losing day light"

"We're not going with you" I shot back. He shook his head

"I don't have time for this" He shot an arrow at us and enclosed is in a net. He lifted the net and threw us into a car.

"See it didn't have to come to this" he smirked.

"Hawkeye isn't it?" I muttered. He hopped out of the car and threw us over his shoulder.

"What's it to ya" He mocked Ava...he was mocking us. I don't like this guy. He opened a ware house door and threw us to the floor. "These the brats you told me to pick up?"

"Why I oughta-" I tried to get out of the net.

"Let me out!" Ava yelled

"Clint" Nick Fury pointed toward us. He sighed and opened it. I jumped up and shook off the rest of the net

"If you wanted us to be picked up, I would rather it be the Hulk than him"

"Now that's insulting." Hawkeye held his chest. I stuck my tongue out.

"Why are we here Fury?" Ava put her hands on her hips.

"I'd like you two to be the first to see the new and improved Helicarrier" He smiled. We followed him into another room and a half finished Helicarrier towered before us.

"We started building this before the Old Helicarrier went down" he watched the employees work.

"So is this parts my room?" I teased.

"Absolutely not, that is where the lab is going to be, and who says you'll be living here, you heard what Parker said. You'll be like the sister he never wanted, you are staying with Parker"

My mouth dropped, "So when this helicarrier is done, I live with Peter forever??"

Ava snickered. I glared at her "but for now you and I will have to survive a couple boys"

Nick cleared his throat. "Anyway, the goblin was not destroyed, sources tell us that he is hiding some where underwater"

"Called it!" I yelled

"And who are those sources, may I ask?" Ava questioned.

"No, you may not ask." he snapped.

I jumped back and rolled my eyes "Well I got alot of homework to be doing right now can we go home?" Ava interupted.

"Keep an eye out for the goblin, also watch out for Harry. Now get out."

"I'll walk to the nearest bus station if I have to, I'm not riding with Hawkeye" Ava held her head

"Why don't we get motorcycles like Spider man or Power Man?" I groan

"Because you of all people don't need one?" Hawkeye commented

"I didn't ask you" I mumble

"What was that?" He cupped his hand to his ear.

"I said I didn't ask you" I said through my teeth. I walked out of the warehouse into his car.

"Teenagers" he rolled his eyes

"TeEnAGeRs" I mocked

He slid into the car and it wouldn't start. "oh crap"

"Oh for the love of god, I'm walking" I yell and jump out of the car.

"Chill, we'll call up shield" he said.

"I can literally run Ava and I home. Don't stress too much. You'll get wrinkles." I smiled.

"Finally" The car revved it's engines. "Are you sure you dont want that ride?"

"Yes I'm pretty sure. Have fun Ava." I waved.

Ava waved and I ran back to Aunt May's house