Chapter 30: Reprieve

I felt weaker and weaker by the second while Tony was trying to figure out an antidote.

I didn't try to listen to their encouraging words. I already know I have a small chance of surviving. I turned on my side and I looked at the floor.

"Speedy snap out of it" Someone said. I didn't bother figuring out who spoke. I held my stomach. Then out of nowhere my head started burning.

"Something's happening"

I heard rapid beeping, people rushing. I put my hand on my head

"Speedy you there?"

I turned to my back.

"This is the end" I mumble and I cried a bit. everything slowly faded away into darkness, the sound died down as a heavy weight went over me. The atmosphere closed in and I saw I blinding light.

I gasp for air. "Did it work?" Tony asked. Captain America glared behind the screen. "Looks like they are gone" He said smiling.

"Where is everyone?" I look around.

"Sent them home, in case you.... you know died " Hawkeye said. "I lost my bet to Hulk"

"You jerk, betting against my life"

I jumped off "Have any normal teen clothes I could wear, can't walk around in my suit."

I put my hand over my head. Black Widow grabbed my arm and pulled me into her room. "Hurry up get change and go" She folded her arms, I changed quickly.

All she had was a hoodie and jeans. "Are these the only clothes you have?" I pulled over the hoodie.

"No they're the only one that fits you" she leaned against the bed. I waved and left.

I was walking down the road and a few drips hit my head. "Oh no" I pulled up my hoodie and started to run in the rain." crap"

I finally get up the street, and a car splashes. I turn around and a little puppy in an alley stared back. "Well aren't you the cutest thing." I munbled petting it.

I picked it up and I stuffed it into my hoodie and knocked on the door.

"Yeah?" It was Peter. "Do you need something" He leaned against the door way.

"Could you let me in?" I pulled my hoddie down. "I don't need to get sick again" I smile. Peter stared and opened the door. I came in and everyone looked at me. I pulled out the dog and left into the bathroom,

When I came back down stairs I was dried and so was the dog. I was hit by hugs and laughter. "What happened?" Danny said petting the dog.

"Just a bad virus that's all" I smiled. "Don't worry about me" I gave a thumbs up.

"Do you need anything?" Sam asked.

"I am good I just, um tired" I stretch."Maybe Fury will let me have a day off

"Soliders, we have a problem under ground".

I groan louder.

"Considering you and your sickness, I'll let you slide" Nick said.

I beamed. "Christmas came early suckers. Have fun trying to save the day without me." I cackled waving as they left the house "Bring me a souvenir"

My phone rang "Hey Riley, what's up?" It was Flash.

"How did you get this number" I replied petting the dog.

"Don't worry about it, we found this hole in the school you should come check it" he said.

"I'm actually really sick. I don't thin-" Chicken noises began to erupt in the background. "The hell is that?" I hissed.

"Its ok if you're too scared to get into the school at night. Big ol baby-"

"Shut the hell up. Im heading there now." I grabbed my keys and ran out the door, then I stopped and went back in. "Are you going to be ok puppy?" I ask, it was already asleep.

I smiled and fled into the gloomy rain.