Chapter Twenty-Four.

John
******
Ughh...

I don fuck up (I messed everything up).

I wasn't supposed to shout at her like that or say those sort of things to her, but I couldn't control it, I felt jealous.

Last night when I saw her smiling and laughing with Ahmed, I couldn't help it.

I know that Ahmed's like a brother to her and she would not think of such...maybe, but still, I shouldn't have let my anger get the best of me...

It only made things worse, now, I no fit talk to anyone again, I don finish as I dey sit down so.(I can't talk to anyone again, I'm so finished even as I'm sitting down).

She even told me not to talk to her again...

I'm finished.

The only person that'll help me right now is my sister, Mmedara, but I'll have to wait till after lunch and I still have four periods left.

Geez...

Why did I have to let my stupid feelings overpower me? Now she must think that I'm a jerk.

Well, I have given her reasons to think that way of me, I mean, I acted so immature.

I knew she needed time but it was as though she was going to slip away from me, I know I'm being irrational but I can't think straight, at least not now.

Why do I feel as though Ahmed's a threat?

I'm sure he only likes Idara as a sister, yet, I'm still overreacting.

I need to stop and focus on the lesson.

Why did I choose the arts again???

This Government class is so boring.

I turn to look at the rest of the class and they were struggling to keep their eyes open.

But Idara, no, she was taking down every single thing the teacher said in a book.

She looked so calm and peaceful, unlike the girl who just finished talking to me earlier.

That side of Idara was the wild type.

People would tell me that I'm stupid for liking a girl I barely even know but for me, it isn't stupidity, it's admiration.

I admire this young lady, although I don't know much about her, I do know this fact, that she's brilliant and she never gives up on what's right, and that's what I like her for.

Her innocence draws me to her, just like a moth drawn to a flame. She's luring me in, but today, what I did, caused her pain, what I said must have hurt.

I was only under the influence of jealousy and it blinded me if all righteousness.

I need to find a way to apologize, I have to.

I know I started this, but I'll find a way to end it.

Praying quickly for classes to be over so I could call my sister.

That Madam should better answer her phone.

"John?"

I searched for the voice that was calling me.

"Mister John?"

It's Mr. Akpan, our Economics teacher...

I stood up, "Yes Sir?"

"Could you answer the question I asked?"

Ohhh...

Wetin be the question ni (What's the question). This man no fit leave me alone (This man cannot leave me alone).