Chapter Eighteen.

Idara
*******
I couldn't feel my legs...nor any part of my body. It felt as though I had been frozen, ice cold.

Then I remembered.

Chika.

The incubus.

The nightmare.

The devil's incarnate herself.

The feeling of being controlled completely. Not being able to move a single bone or muscle in my body.

The pain I felt...

The numbness I'm feeling now.

Then her face flashed in front of me.

“Chika!”

To say I was horrified was an understatement.

I smelt Kate's perfume, it was calming, I tried turning my neck so that I could see her but everything hurt so badly, I had to keep still.

I felt my bed dip and I knew Kate sat beside me.

She immediately engulfed me in a tight hug.

“Don’t ever do that to me again.”

“What did I do?”

“Why did you have to have a panic attack like that nn, do you know how worried I was, I had to beg matron to allow Luke and the boys to come inside the hostel because we could not carry you alone. You're too fat.”

“Me like this, fat??”

“Yes ooo, you're very fat and you're too heavy.”

Is this babe okay? Which time did I become fat?

“You this girl, you're not okay.”

“I'm okay, in fact I am very very okay, wait, if I was not okay will I be talking to you?”

“Idiot.”

“Hmm, see this one, abi, you know if am an idiot then you're also one?”

“Am not oo, this time it's only you.”

She only laughed at me.

“Madam, before you start giving me your long speech on how am an idiot and you're not, please come let's go and eat, the bell for dinner had long been rung, I'm sure you don't want to miss out on your toasted bread so come let's go. The boys are waiting outside.”

Boys??

Outside?

That's when I decided to take in my surroundings, I was back in my room and on my bed.

I turned to Kate, “Did they carry me back here?”

“Of course they did, do you think I have the strength to carry you alone en, fatty bumbum?”

I knew she was only teasing me but truly, all I wanted to do to her was to slap her so that she would receive sense small.

I stood up from my bed and carried my cup and a fork for my boiled egg and followed Kate out of the room.

I didn't see my sister anywhere near so I decided to ask Kate for her whereabouts.

“Faith said she would sit with her friends today that's why she isn't here if you're wondering.”

How did she?

“You voiced out your thoughts....again, seriously dear, you need to stop doing that or one day, I might reconsider my decision and run away from you.”