Royal Knights Exam pt.1

[Y/n] was anxious for the Royal Knights exam. She hasn't had much training since she's been cooped up in the castle. [Y/n] was ready to train and fight. She missed the Black Bulls. [Y/n] paced around her room in the castle, waiting for one of the maids to bring her the armor she usually wears.

[Y/n] couldn't wait to see Yuno, Asta, and all of her friends. 'Asta...' She thought and remembered the promise she made to him, 'He's going to be really upset that Captain Rill kissed me before he got to.' Her face reddened, 'And Leopold, too. Yuno would probably try to kill him.' [Y/n] crotched in the corner and whined, 'Yuno... He kissed me too! Would he be upset with me that someone kissed me?!'

"Your highness." [Y/n] heard and turned to the maid that gave her a nervous smile. "I have your clothes for you." She said, and [Y/n] noticed the big puffy dress. "That's not my armor." [Y/n] said and took closer to the maid.

"Yes, about that rusted, filthy armor of your that you received from the boonies." [Y/n] heard the King, her father, as he walked in her room, "It's not a perfect fit for royalty such as us. So... I burned it." [Y/n]'s eyes widened, and they filled with tears. "Hurry up and get dress or I'll leave without you." Augustus said and left.

Albern, who was listening from the hallway, glared and clutched his fist. It took all the strength he had not to attack Agustus as he walked away. He could hear [Y/n]'s quiet sobs, and he hated it. Albern went to find Julius and ordered a few servants to help him with his mission.

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

[Y/n] stood quietly next to Agustus, not meeting his gaze. She couldn't even look at him after what he did, not that she looked at him, to begin with. [Y/n] was dressed in a fluffy pale blue dress with a tiara on her head. Albern wasn't around to comfort her, and Julius was busy, so [Y/n] didn't want to bother him. "Thank you all for gathering here today." She heard Julius speak to the crowd, "Now, let us begin the Royal Knights Selection Exam."

The Magic Knight cheered. [Y/n] followed Agustus out on the balcony to join Julius and Marx. Asta's eyes sparkled when he saw [Y/n] then he noticed her sad look. "I shall explain the details of the exam. I am royalty, and this is the Royal Knights Selection Exam, after all." Agustus said and chuckled, "The exam will consist of a team competition: a magic crystal destruction battle tournament!"

An image of the crystal appeared overhead. "The rules are simple!" The king continued with a crazed look. Protect your team's own crystal, which will be placed in your area, and destroy the other team's crystal. The first team to do this wins! If no team is able to destroy a crystal within the 30-minute time limit, the one that has done the most damage to its target wins. Er...We've chosen this format because...Er, um...."

[Y/n] sighed. The king didn't know, so Julius stepped in. "Ehm. In battles against the Eye of the Midnight, several squads will have to work together. We thought this would be the best way to measure the cooperation and strategy skills you'll need at times like that, rather than simply fighting with brute force." Julius explained.

"Precisely!"

"Now, let us announce the team." Julius said and the teams were presented.

[Y/n] looked and found her name with two others. 'Orson Neil and Fang...?' [Y/n] thought. She didn't know these people. [Y/n] looked around in the crowd and to try and spot the two as the Magic Knight got into their groups of three. She could see them Orson was a fair-skinned male with dark brown hair and green eyes. He wore a Crimson Lions robe. He was talking to the girl who [Y/n] supposed was Fang.

Fang had tanned skin a little darker than Sol's. She had her flaming red hair in a pixie cut. She was a pretty tough-looking girl with sharp fangs that were visible when she talked, and she had piercing purple eyes. She wore a Blue Rose robe.