The Other New Recruit

"This is your room." Vanessa said while opening the door, "I fixed it up for you."

[Y/n] began to tear up and hugged Vanessa. "Thank you very much." [Y/n] said and started running around her room like a happy child. She finally sat on her new comfortable bed and hugged one of her little plushies.

"So... what's your relationship with that Asta boy?" Vanessa asked.

"Oh, Asta and I are best friends. We grew up in the church together." [Y/n] explained, cheerfully, and grabbed onto her pendant, "I missed them."

"You'll get a chance to see them again." Vanessa said and patted [Y/n]'s head then noticed the ruby in [Y/n]'s hands., "Where did you get that cute pendant?"

"I don't know exactly." [Y/n] said, looking down at it, "My real parents gave it to me before abandoning me. I'm hoping it will show me signs to finding my real parents."

Vanessa hummed. "I'm sure they're somewhere in the Royal Captial. You'll find them in a matter of time." She said, placing her hand on [Y/n]'s shoulder, "Don't forget to write letters to your family back home they must miss you." She continued as she made her way to the door, "Oh, and be careful around the wire. They're meant to protect us from the pervert."

[Y/n] nodded, and Vanessa left. She was left alone in this huge room. [Y/n] was so accustomed to sharing a room with her siblings back in Hage that this big room seemed rather lonely. [Y/n] decided to write her letters, so she grabbed a pen and paper.

'Dear Father & Sister Lily, I hope you're doing well. I made it into the Black Bulls! I'm finally a Magic Knight! Now, I just need to find my parents. Signed, [Y/n].' [Y/n] wrote and used her creation magic to seal the envelope with a butterfly made of light. [Y/n] gave it to an owl for the letter to be delivered then she laid on her bed.

[Y/n] sighed then shot up. "I almost forgot!" She said and went back to her desk. It was hard to think of what to write to Yuno. This was their first night away from each other, and she missed him so much.

'Dear Yuno, I hope you're doing well. I missed you so much! Asta does too but doesn't want to admit it. I'm still learning how to control my powers, but it's a little confusing. I wish you were here to help. Anyway, how is the Golden Dawn? I hope I get to see you in action someday. I'll try to visit as soon as I can. Love, [Y/n]' She sealed the envelope. [Y/n] used her creation magic to make a butterfly and attached the letter to it. It flew away in the direction of the Golden Dawn Squad house.

Suddenly, the image of Yuno kissing [Y/n]'s forehead came to mind. She blushed and rolled around in her bed. "Why must I think about that now?! Out of all things!" [Y/n] whined then sighed and placed her hand on her forehead. 'Time for bed, I guess.' [Y/n] thought and got ready to sleep.

~Meanwhile~

Yuno walked behind his superior as he escorted Yuno to his room. "This room is wasted on you. Tomorrow, I'll be lecturing you on your duties as a Magic Knight. I'd rather not be your instructor, but the captain ordered me to do so, and as such, I have no choice. Are you listening?" Klaus questioned. Yuno could still hear [Y/n]'s encouraging words. 'You're Yuno, the best mage I know...' "It's Yuno. I have a name, and it's Yuno, Klaus." Yuno said.