Two New Stars & A Returning Princess

"Everyone, thank you for gathering here today." They heard, signaling the ceremony was beginning, and citizens cheered. [Y/n] grew nervous. After today, everyone in the kingdom will know who she is, and nothing will really be the same. "This year, I'll be announcing the Magic Knights Squad achievements myself." Julius said, "After the results are announced, the king will also make an appearance with a special announcement, so please look forward to that." Julius said, and everyone cheered

"Now, then. As you all know, our Clover Kingdom has been battling invasion attempts from both the Diamond and the Spade Kingdom, as well as a new terrorist group called the Eye of the Midnight Sun. The royal capital was attacked, and many lives were lost. I even considered canceling the Star Festival for this year. But it's because of all these events that I wanted to commend the courageous men and women who fought against them and decided to hold this festival." Julius explained and the lanterns around to crowds lit up, "Now then let us welcome them...Our nine Magic Knights Squad captains, whom we hold in the highest esteem."

[Y/n] watched as the captains made their way out. [Y/n] stood awkwardly while glancing at her father, who stood in the corner. She's never even had a full conversation with him. [Y/n] felt a cape on her shoulder. Albern was wrapping [Y/n]'s red royal cape around her and pinned it in place to her golden clover pin. Then he placed a tiara on her head. "It's almost time. Are you alright?" Albern asked, and [Y/n] took a shaky breath.

"I think I'll be alright." [Y/n] said with a weary smile.

"Let's announce the ranking. In first place...The Golden Dawn! The number of stars they accumulated is...an astounding 125! That's a huge jump from their record of 96 from last year!" Julius said, and [Y/n] smiled a bit. "The Golden Dawn did excellent work yet again this year. Now let's have the member who made the biggest contribution of stars to take the stage." Yuno went walking, and [Y/n] smiled more.

"Good job, Yuno." [Y/n] muttered, but Yuno heard, which made him happy.

"Yuno?" Albern questioned.

"Yes, he's my childhood friend. As well as Asta." [Y/n] explained, and Albern hummed.

"I believe I met them briefly outside of that dungeon mission you went on" He muttered while thinking to himself, "I suppose I owe them an apology for saying they're no good for you."

[Y/n] gave him a questioning look. "You've really changed a lot, huh." She said with a giggle and turned her attention back to the ceremony. "Next, in second place...The Black Bulls!"

"WHAT?!?!?!"

[Y/n]'s face lit up, and she was overjoyed. "We're in second! Oh my god, Albern, did you hear that?! I can't believe." She jumped up and down with excitement.

"Perhaps, you must be their good luck charm." Albern said. "They've accumulated...102 stars!"

{A/n: Remember, [Y/n] got one star by herself.}

"I understand your surprise, since the Black Bulls made their own precedented record last year by getting negative 50 stars. But things are different this year. They advanced by leaps and bounds to climb this far up in ranks. One of the most impressive members is their newcomer...Then again, their captain's not even present."

[Y/n] stood on her toes to peak, but she couldn't see much compared to the other squad members. She could see Asta flying in. 'Of course.' [Y/n] thought with a small smile. She'd give anything to just run over there to hug them both. [Y/n] see them arguing, but being this far away, watching from a distance made her sad. If being a royal meant she had to keep her distance from her friends, [Y/n] rather be a peasant.

"Albern, when can I go out there?" She asked. "After your father announces your return." He said, and [Y/n] pouted.

"This is the rookie who worked the hardest out of the Black Bulls this year. Asta!" Julius said. He felt bad that he wasn't allowed to say anything about [Y/n]. Asta looked around and noticed that [Y/n] wasn't there. "Yuno and Asta placed first and second in obtaining stars among all the rookies. They're the two rising stars. In only six months since they joined the Magic Knights, they've both built up a magnificent record. On top of that, they're both childhood friends, and they're both sixteen." Julius continued to explain.