"You're not only competing against the other teams......this season is called Rivals after all."

"Oh god."Paige covered her mouth as she realized what was about to be said.

"You'll also be competing......against your partner."

The Challengers all let out sounds of disbelief and....confusion.

"How exactly?"asked Alexa.

"Let me explain this a little further. As I said, along the hike there will be checkpoints. You won't be doing them as a team. There will be two of each checkpoint, one for you to complete, and one for your partner. Whichever one of you completes your checkpoint first will earn a point.   When you've completed the checkpoint you can then assist your partner because this still is a race against the other teams. At the end of it all, when you've reached the top of the mountain, your individual points will be calculated. And the partner with the most points will ultimately be in charge of the final, most biggest decision that you would ever have to make on this show."

"And that is?"asked Trish.

"Whether or not.....they'll split the cash prize or.....keep the whole thing for themselves."Hunter dropped the bomb.

Everyone's jaw dropped.

"Wait what?" Dream exclaimed.

"No fucking way."Seth shook his head.

VC-Chris-Vintage Hunter, just throws us a curveball whenever he feels like it.

VC-Velveteen-So you're telling me that I can possibly leave this show without any money......ya'll this is savage. And not in a good way.

VC-Paige-This makes me sick to my stomach.

VC-Trish-Suddenly, the competition increases ten times more.

"The prophecy."said Aleister.

"The prophecy indeed Aleister. Im sure you guys may have found a golden envelope laying around somewhere. If you were smart enough to decipher it, you would realise this is what the prophecy was warning you about."said Hunter.

"That was you?!"Chris said in disbelief.

VC-Chris-I told you guys it wasn't me that wrote that stupid prophecy. This makes a lot of sense now.

"Its a lot of money you guys are playing for, wouldn't it be nice to have the final say?"said Hunter, "So lets talk about the prize money shall we? Third place, thirty grand. Thats $15 000 per person. Second place, one-hundred and fifty grand, thats $75 000 per person. Finally, first place, half a million dollars. Thats $250 000 per person. Its a lot of money up for grabs. Some of you won't even have to share it if you decide not to."

VC-AJ-My heart is in my throat right now. I can't imagine not having the final say of that money. Quite frankly, I don't trust Seth. We've been working together for so long, I still don't trust the guy. I need to do whatever it takes to be in charge of that prize money, no matter what place we come in.

VC-Chris-Imagine being able to take home that half a million dollars for yourself. Oh my god.....that would be the ultimate reward. And I can't believe.....that I can possibly achieve that.

"So why don't we get this thing started huh?"said Hunter as everyone clapped, "Your first checkpoint awaits you. I'll see you guys later. Good luck everyone. Your final begins....now!"he sounded his airhorn.

All six teams took off running down to their first checkpoint.