{10}

[Dakota at 6 years old]

I sat on my fathers lap with James beside us, "I believe both of you will grow up and be very strong warriors" he told both of us. "Even if I'm different" I asked in a small shy voice. "Even if you are different" my brother said. "Because you will be the strongest of them all" my father said and I stared into the fire, waiting for answers.

[Dakota in the present]

     "Keep your stance, keep your knees bent" I corrected Percival. "And strike" Lance said and Percival swung his sword sloppily which I dodged by jumping. "Really" I said rolling my eyes at Lancelot. "Learn your past before it is too late" I heard that voice say again. Apparently I had stopped moving and my faced paled a little. "You ok" Percival asked me. I nodded my head and replied I was just a little tired.
     "Why don't you work on some balance" Lancelot told Percival. Percival nodded his head and Lancelot pulled me to the side. "What's up with you, you've been freezing up for no reason" he half asked half stated. "Nothing I'm fine" I tried shaking him off. "You're not fine, now tell me what's wrong" he ordered.
     I sighed, "I've been hearing this voice, it keeps telling me to go find answers about my past and to leave" I said with my shy voice. "Well then let's go find stuff about you're past" Lancelot said after being quiet for a few minutes. "I'll go get Percival and you pack up camp he asked and I agreed.

[Dawn]

"Ash, get back here" I called after my brother. "You have to catch me, that's what keep-away is" he called over his shoulder. Out of all the things he took, he took my bow. I sped up and caught him.
"Now give me my bow" I told him and he gave it back. "Thank you" I sang and walk away. Ever since a few of us fey got separated, my brother and I have been alone. I heard rustling and ran to get Ash. "Hello" Ash called out and we saw someone emerge from the bushes, it was someone we knew from he hideout.

[Dakota]

     "Where are we going exactly" I got asked. "Back to my old village, I want to see if there was anything in my old hut" I explained. "If someone lives there, then what" Lancelot asked. "Nobody does, I went back before coming for Percival" I replied to him. "Why did you go back" he asked still questioning me. "To get the two swords my father told us to protect" I told him.
      "What if someone recognizes you" Percival asked. "I doubt anyone will, it's been what, 15 years since I last was here" I said remembering what happened. I felt a hand on my shoulder and knew it belonged to Lancelot. I heard the sound of horses and shouting I turned to look, "Paladins." Our horses fell into running and I put my mask on so they couldn't see me if we were caught.
I recognized where we were, spending days running out here never left me, "this way" I said while slowing my horse down and turning onto a small path. The path was getting to thick so my horse stopped an I dismounted getting my things. "We need to go by foot" I said quickly and they dismounted getting there things.
We sent our horses off to find us later, "I think they went this way" one of the Paladins yelled. "Hurry, I know a place to hide just up ahead" I said speeding up my pace. I stopped an looked around for the small cave, "down here" I told them jumping into a hole. I helped Percival down and got our stuff, after our things were in Lancelot jumped down.
"Spread out and look for them" a Paladin yelled. "Follow me" I whispered gathering my things and going down a tunnel with a small flame in my hand. We were far enough away when we stopped walking, "wow, Dakota, look at this" Lancelot said and I walked over.
I lit a log that was down here and the walls illuminated in an orange glow. I ran my hand along the wall, it was drawings of dragons. "What is this" Percival asked from across the room we were in. I walked over and saw the elements in an 'X' [kinda like in Frozen 2 when Elsa is singing "Show Yourself"]. It's the elements" I breathed out. "Earth, fire, water, and air" I mumbled.
I walked around the edge of the walls, "look at this" I said stopping in front of a picture, "it was the different dragons with the leaders." I saw the great fire dragon, "I thought it was just a legend" I voiced softly, running my hand along the dragon. "You have found something, look further." "I heard it, I heard the voice again, it told me we found something and to look further" I said excitedly.
   We walked further in around found nothing else so we walked back to the entrance to go to my old hut.