Final Chapter (34) - Sinning with you

Dedicated to the reader; May you find happiness.

If it's so wrong,
Why did it feel so right?
If it's so wrong,
Why did it never feel like
Sinning with you?
Sinning with you...

- Sam Hunt

For this chapter, listen to sinning with you by Sam Hunt.

Xhey

I just couldn't seem to break my stare off Kiana, and same with her. But as for her, staring wasn't quite the word I'd use. Her eyes deeply rested in mine, not unblinking, but slowed. Yet the effect was soft. I slowly removed my eyes from hers and gazed at her lips. They were not smiling, but they tilted as if they'd mean to.

I gasped, tightly holding my cigar from falling. I blinked and slowly gazed back at her. Those eyes.... those fucking beautiful brown eyes of hers were still stuck on me. My heart ached the longer we kept staring at each other, without saying a single word. I had missed her so much.... I couldn't explain it.

"What is this? A movie?" Lisa stated.

Kiana immediately removed her gaze from mine and glared at Lisa. I looked down.

"Y'all staring at yourselves like some lovers in a romantic movie." She scoffed.

"And who's she?" Kiana finally spoke.

"I'm her girlfriend." Lisa laughed evilly and held my waist.

I inhaled.

"And who are you?" She continued.

I found my confidence again and slowly traced my eyes at Kiana. Her face saddened, and she was so speechless that she looked at the city lights.

I exhaled and removed Lisa's hand from my waist, moving close to Kiana, so close, I could smell her strawberry perfume. I guessed she felt my presence near her, that's why she closed her eyes.

"Babe." I managed in a soft tone, but it actually came out as a whisper.

I held her hand so softly and intertwined her fingers with mine. She slowly drifted her eyes to open and they immediately connected with mine.

"Say something." I whispered in a broken tone.

She cocked her brows at me in a sad manner and parted her lips. "What do you want me to say?" She whispered back.

"That you miss me, just like how I've missed you." I whispered again.

She looked deep into my eyes and put a crooked smile on her face.

She breathed in and out in a slow motion trying to keep her tears in, and removed her hand from mine. She placed it on my cheek. "Of course I've missed you. I've missed you so much. So much I can't even explain it."

I sniffled and chuckled lightly, holding her hand that was placed on my cheek. My baby. Finally I was with her, and I was not going to go back home. Never. I couldn't go back when the love of my life was here, next to me.

She made me feel relaxed, forget all that was bothering me and she made me shiver too. Not the drugs, but her.

"Is she the girl that made you realize your sexual orientation?" Lisa muttered.

I turned around and smiled at her.

"Yes...and I love her so much."