Chapter 5- Girls like you

"People don't forget girls like you.
They try, but they don't forget
what your love feels like."

For this chapter, listen to make you miss me by Sam Hunt.

It took me about 20 minutes to get back home. I parked outside  the parking space of my house, picked out my purse from the passenger sit and locked the car. I noticed a black car that wasn't my mums around our house, wondering whose it was. I moved to the front door which was open, and I guessed mum was already home too. I checked the time and it was 10:45pm.

I got inside and I could hear noises of laughter in the living room. It seemed like mum wasn't alone, but I just hoped it wasn't Jerry. I didn't want to see him, not today or ever!

I removed my sneakers and got straight to the living room. "Hahahaa, oh no..she did that?" I heard my mum laugh as I got close to see who she was talking to. To my surprise, it was Yosef. What was he doing in our house at this time?

My purse fell down startling both of them. They both turned around and stared at me, who was just standing like a thief caught in action of robbery.

"Xhey darling, where've you been all this time?" My mum questioned.

"Had gone out for dinner, why?" My eyes moving from hers to Yosef's.

"I think I should go, Ms. Wilson. Its getting late." Yosef explained as he stood  up from the couch, his eyes not leaving mine.

"Yeah sure, I hope to see you tomorrow and have more talk. I really had fun." My mum pulled a wide smile from her lips. She stood up and gave him a warm hug.

"Let me escort you out." She added, as she and Yosef headed for the front door.

"No mum, I'll escort him out... I think." The words escaping out of my mouth without realization.

Yosef and mum exchanged glances at me in confusion and she sighed in defeat.

Yosef walked towards me and held my hand as we led our way to the front door. I tried to remove my hand that was cupped into his, but he tightened it the more.

"Why are you so hard to get?" He whispered.

"How do you mean?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You didn't call or text me..that's why I came to your house." He sounded sad. I could see the hurt in his eyes. Why was he hurt about me not texting or calling? It's not like we knew each other.

The space between us got smaller and smaller, the more closer he came to me. I walked backwards trying to run away from him, but I failed. I almost tripped when I realized my back was leaning against the front door. He walked so close to me, covering up the gap between us.

Damn... his perfume. It smelled like grapes and Anjou pear, mixed with water lily and gardenia giving him that light airy scent. I loved it.

He held my chin up so that I could face him. I looked into his eyes. I could tell he was searching mine too. I couldn't help this awkward silence, and finally spoke up.

"Why are you looking at my eyes like that?"

"Because eyes broadcast emotions....even when you try to hide them." He said seductively. "I love your eyes Xhey....they're a beautiful brown, that I can't even describe." 

I couldn't help but look off his face and started biting my finger nails.

"Y-you should leave, it....it's getting late." I stuttered trying to change the topic. He bent his head next to my ear and whispered.