Chapter 31- Just let me be

You need me man,
But I don't need you.
I don't need you at all.
                                         - Ed Sheeran.

Listen to you don't know by Katelyn Tarver, for this chapter.

Xhey

My eyes slowly opened, glancing around the room I was in. I blinked my eyes uncontrollably and struggled my limbs to sit up on the bed. Shit, my head was aching so bad I couldn't even explain it. I felt weak, but somehow I managed to remove the drip from my hand and stepped onto the tiled floor. So I was in a hospital? Great.

I walked towards the door of the room I was placed in and peeped through the mirror. I saw Yosef talking to a fine man dressed in a white coat, who I guessed was a doctor. I couldn't hear exactly what they were talking about but after about fifteen minutes, they shook hands and Yosef walked towards my room.

I didn't want him to see me awake, so I hurriedly walked back to the bed and lay on my back. I acted like I was sleeping. Then I had the door knob open. I silenced my rapid breathing and played real dead.

Yosef sighed heavily. He sounded frustrated, I couldn't tell why. But he managed to speak his heart out loud.

"Why did this all happen to you, Xhey?" He broke.

My heart felt hurt too. I knew what he meant by that. The drugs. They messed me up. I couldn't deny that, honestly. I've tried...know that I've tried to stay far, far away from them, but I just can't. I just can't. They are my only happiness....yet my worst enemy.

I felt Yosef walk next to me and he cupped my right hand into his. I trembled a little when our hands touched each other. He tightened his hold on my hand.

"I just wish...." He sighed heavily again.

"But why?" He managed.

I breathed out heavily and let the tear drop from my closed eye. I felt...

"Xhey, are you awake?" He mattered.

I kept my silence.

"I know you are awake. Please talk to me."

I couldn't. I just couldn't. My lips seemed not to work at all. Yosef clutched my cheek and moved his face close to mine. He rested his forehead against mine and brushed his warm breath on my face. Slowly, he tilted his head to the side and placed his lips on mine.

I immediately opened my eyes and pushed him away from me.

"Don't you touch me." I barked.

"Xhey.." He mattered with a frown on his face.

I sat on the bed and folded my knees up to chest and buried my face between them.

"Just leave me alone." I managed in a broken tone.

"Why are you still taking those drugs?" He questioned.

I rubbed my arms with my fingers in attempt to bring heat to my body, but it wasn't working.

"Answer me. What is wrong with you?"

"Oh don't pretend to care!" I shouted with a glassy layer of tears brimming in my eyes.

"Of course I care. I care so much about you, that I hate to see you destroy yourself."

"You and my mum, are the reason I destroy myself." I said flatly.

"I...." He tried to speak, but suddenly just stopped talking.

"Just let me be." The words choked out. "I have been so lost." I felt my mind as it snapped some more. "I've been numb." My voice faltered some more. "And you know it, but still... you don't fucking care."