Chapter Fourteen

"So I'm assuming you wanted to talk to Izuku and I about something?" Naruto asked as he stood beside Izuku. Todoroki, who had called for the meeting, was standing across from the pair and staring blankly at them.

"If we don't hurry, the cafeteria will probably be really crowded..." Izuku said, looking uncomfortable from the gaze that Todoroki had on the pair.

"I was overpowered. So much so that I broke my pledge." Todoroki began, holding his stare with the two boys. Izuku looked like he understood what Todoroki was talking about while Naruto tried to figure out where the conversation was going. He did not know about the pledge that Todoroki was talking about. "Iida, Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, Tokoyami, Uraraka, none of them felt it. But in that last instant, I was the only one who was overpowered. Only me, who had experienced All Might's full power up close." He continued.

"What...does...that mean?" Izuku asked. From the look on his face, Naruto knew that he also understood what Todoroki was trying to say to him.

"it means I felt something similar coming from you. Midoriya are you All Might's secret love child or something?" Todoroki asked, a completely serious expression on his face. Upon hearing this, both Naruto and his tenant couldn't help themselves as they both started laughing so loudly in his head Naruto had half a mind to worry that Izuku and Todoroki hear it. He did, however, fail to contain some of his laughter as a snort escaped out of his lips. Both boys glanced at Naruto, as if wondering what he found so funny and remembering that Naruto was still there, before continuing their conversation.

"Well? Are you?" Todoroki pressed, still serious but also confused as to why Izuku seemed flustered and embarrassed while Naruto found the situation amusing for reasons unknown to Todoroki.

"Th-That's not it! I mean, even if I was, I would say I wasn't so I don't think you'd believe me. But anyway, that's not how it is. Actually let me ask you something, why would you think that about me?" Izuku said as he frantically explained the situation while exaggerating his hand movements.

"Since you said. 'that's not how it is," that means there's a connection between you two that you can't talk about, right? And Naruto, do you even want to be here? I can tell that you hold back but what is the point? You have yet to reveal your true strength, even if it means loosing. Why?" Todoroki said, ignoring Izuku's question and finally answering Naruto's unasked one which was "Why am I here?"

"Endeavor is my old man. I'm sure you know that he's been stuck as the number two hero forever. If you have something from the number one hero, then I have even more reason to beat you. And if you don't show your full strength, than I cannot know for sure that I am stronger than you. My old man has a strong desire to rise in the world. As a hero, he won a name for himself with crushing force. Because of that, the living legend, All Might, is a great eyesore to him. Since he couldn't surpass All Might, he moved onto his next plan." Todoroki continued.

Naruto, unfortunately, had an idea of where the story was going. Izuku seemed to have reached the same conclusion but was trying to deny the possibility as he asked him, "What are you talking about Todoroki? What are you trying to tell us?"

"You've heard of quirk marriages, right? That thing that became a problem for the second and third generation after superpowers appeared. Choosing a spouse based only on strengthening your own quirk and passing it onto your children forcing people into marriage. The old-fashioned way of thinking brought by a lack of ethics. He is a man with both accomplishments and money. He won over my mother's relatives and got a hold of my mother's quirk. He is trying to fulfill his own desires by raising me to be a hero to surpass All Might. It's so annoying! I won't become the tool of scum like that. In my memories, my mother is always crying. 'Your left side is unsightly.' my mother said as she poured boiling water on me." Todoroki paused here to bring a hand to the red scar coving the left side of his face, covering his scar.