Chapter Thirteen

Naruto sat at his dinner table with Shikamaru, Jiraiya, and Haru. This table felt like it had become the official place where the team would have all of their important discussions regarding the mission. Which was fine with Naruto, he just wished they would take place before or after they ate, and not while they were eating. His food was getting cold.

"The best course of action for this seems to be to make it to the last part, which will be the one-on-one battles. Either put up a good fight and lose your first fight, or if your opponent has a weird quirk were you cant show off, than advance to the second round but be sure to lose. This should work to get you an internship while still keeping you under the radar. Or at least, how under the radar you can be for going to a school like U.A." Shikamaru said.

"And make sure to not take this to seriously, Naruto. The way this is set up will probably remind you of the Chunin exams, but don't get caught up in the past. Plus, you're not fighting to move up in ranking and killing isn't allowed so don't lose control of yourself. It will be hard but remember to look forward." Jiraiya told him as he starred intensely at Naruto, making the young boy very uncomfortable.

"But remember to have fun." Haru said, giving Naruto a small smile and getting rid of the intense atmosphere that was in the room. Naruto nodded to the man and returned to his now cold food. He took one bite of his dinner before sighing and making his way over to the microwave.

____

"Okay, here's the play-by-play! Are you ready to do the commentary Mummy Man?" Naruto heard Present Mic say over the speakers as he ran through the obstacle course. Naruto was honestly shocked that Present Mic had the guts to call him that to his face, let alone on live television.

"You're the one who forced me to come." Was his sensei's response.

"Let's get started right away, Mummy Man. What should we pay attention to in the early stages?" Present Mic asked him, as class1-A's homeroom teacher, he would know more about their abilities and who would probably do the best out of the class when compared to the English teacher sitting beside Aizawa.

"This part right now." Aizawa told everyone.

____

Back where Naruto was, he was facing a slight problem. Or rather, everyone currently competing was. That problem was that the hallway they were supposed to emerge from was too crowded, because everyone ran in at once. This resulted in everyone being shoved together preventing any movement. Although, Naruto was in no rush to get out. He knew that he needed to score towards the top to secure his spot in the class. While he didn't want to stand out too much, he wanted to stand out just enough to get into a decent hero agency and not get switched to a different class. If Naruto's guess was correct based on previous sports festivals, the top 40 were going to move onto the next round. Naruto was aiming to score in the top 20, preferably 15th place. And while he was getting pushed up against a wall and could easily use his chakra to run on said wall, he thought that would be to flashy and didn't want to answer the same question 45 people would ask later, so he decided to look for another way out.

Before anyone could make it out the exist, Todoroki used his ice powers to freeze everyone in place and make it out himself. Bakugou followed shortly after, using his explosions to fly through the air. Aoyama also used his quirk to fly out. Along with Yaoyorozu who made a contraption to get out, and Kirishima who used his quirk to break the ice. Ojiro was also able to use his tail to break the ice and get out.

Knowing that the ice wouldn't hold everyone forever, Naruto punched the ice surrounding his legs before running forward, careful to avoid everyone and to not to slip because Todoroki was leaving a thin trail of ice behind him. His movement mimicked those of an ice skaters, although not exactly the same because he wasn't wearing ice skates.