Chapter Nine

"No, you stick the smaller one inside your ears and the bigger ones over your ears. Then, you both can practice on the target and I'll correct you both after every round." Said Haru as he, Shikamaru, and Naruto stood in a gun range.

"Do we have to use these? Wouldn't it be easier to get our ears used to the noise so if we do use a gun, it won't block our hearing?" Asked Naruto, looking at his ear protection with distaste.

"We'll work on that while we're here, but it would be better to start off with the protection, Naruto. These are very loud, especially with your extremely sensitive ears." Haru told Naruto as he grabbed Naruto's ear and tugged it away from his face.

"I still don't get why we need to learn how to use a gun, if anything it's kind of impractical." Shikamaru said as he stared down at the gun in his hand. Haru dropped Naruto's ear and turned to Shikamaru.

"It may be different than what we're used to, but before you get a hero license you can't use your 'quirk' in public and the weapons we would typically use are illegal here. This is the best way to defend yourself without having to deal with possible repercussions from the legal system here. Shikamaru, you can carry this with you everywhere, even when you're at work. Naruto, the only place you wouldn't be able to take this is school. But you should be able to use your quirk there and if anything happened, the school would deal with a repercussions. Now," Haru explained, before clapping his hands together. "let's get started."

____

"For today's basic hero training, it's tuned into a class with three instructors. All Might, me, and one more person." Aizawa's uncaring voice filled the room as he began the basic hero training class for the day. Once he said these words, Naruto watched as all of his classmates became shocked and confused, wondering why a third teacher would be joining them today. Naruto knew that the third teacher was going to be the pro-hero Thirteen and would be meeting them at the USJ facility, as today was the day of the long-awaited field trip that he wasn't supposed to know about. However, he acted just as shocked as his classmates.

Sero raised his hand in the air once Aizawa was done speaking. "Excuse me! What'll we be doing?" He asked.

Aizawa then proceeded to hold up a card with large, black block letters on it that spelled 'rescue'. "Disasters, shipwrecks, and everything in between. It's rescue training." He said, sounding a little more awake than he had just a moment ago.

The entire room suddenly became very excited for today's class.

"Rescue training? Looks like it'll be a lot of work this time, too." Said Kaminari, turning to Ashido.

"Right?" She said with excitement in her tone. Before she could continue, Kirishima joined in on the conversation.

"Idiot, this is the duty of a hero! My arms are ready to rumble!" He exclaimed.

"No one can beat me in the water, kuro kuro." Said Asui confidently.

"I was wondering when we were gonna start rescue training, it's what you see hero's doing half the time on T.V.! Get hyped guys todays training is going to be amazing, believe it!" Naruto yelled, adding to the excitement of his classmates.

"Hey, I'm not done." Said Aizawa, bringing the attention back to him. "You can decide if you want to wear your costumes or not this time." At this, Aizawa pressed a button and the drawers with everyone's costumes in it came forward. "Because there are probably costumes that limit your abilities, too. The training will take place off-campus. So we're taking a bus. That is all. Start getting ready." Aizawa then turned and walked out of the classroom, leaving everyone to get ready.