Hopeless Romantic Pt. 2 {Prinxiety}

Third Person POV

Spring break was already finished and Roman had yet to get over his newest crush, Virgil. He had gone out so much during the weeklong break to try and find another cute guy to fall for but it didn't work. This was stupid, he couldn't crush on Virgil it would ruin their friendship! So, he decided to confide in Patton for once, knowing he couldn't exactly tell Virgil of his dilemma, not this time.

"Hey Padre!" I greet grandly, sitting down next to him.

"Oh, hey kiddo," He replies with a smile, ignoring his science homework in favor of talking to his dramatic son, "Wait did you hear the good news??" He asks excitedly.

Roman was, naturally, confused as he had been out of town and therefore out of the loop during the last week, "No...?"

"Well...MY DARK STRANGE SON GOT A BOYFRIEND!!!" He exclaims, not managing to contain his excitement at all.

"What...?" Roman mumbles.

He had been planning a way to confess his feelings to the angsty assailant, and he had hoped Patton would be able to help. But, it didn't seem like that was going to happen now. As long as Virgil was happy in this relationship, Roman would be happy, they could still be friends. Yep, friends, nothing more.

Patton looks over at him, "Did you say something Ro?" That's what Virgil calls him, no one else. He didn't want anyone else to call him that.

"I said that's great, who is it?" Roman says with a smile, using his acting skills against his fatherly friend.

"Um, I think his name is Blake? I kinda forgot since I only met him once but he seems nice!"

Nice, that's good. Vee deserves someone nice, Roman thinks, his smile turning slightly sad before he catches himself. He's gonna have to act a lot during the day and if he keeps slipping up, Virgil is bound to notice something. Unless he was too distracted with his new boyfriend and would eventually forget him, but that wouldn't happen, right? Yeah, it'd be fine, they could still be friends.

"I think I know who you're talking about," He says, trying to match the name to a face.

He's pretty sure Blake's the one with black hair and eyes from his P.E. class. He's also on the hockey team, but that's assuming that he's thinking of the right Blake. Though it's unlikely that Virgil would be with freshman Blake but you never know.

Patton gasps, "Here they are now!!"

Roman follows his gaze and sure enough, Virgil is entering the courtyard with hockey-player Blake, "Great..." He mumbles, "Hey Virge, Blake."

"Hey Roman, Patton," Blake greets, sitting down across from Roman. Virgil takes the seat next to him which is to be expected, but that doesn't stop Roman from feeling slightly betrayed.

"How did this happen?" He asks, wondering when the two could have gotten close. As far as Ro knew, they had never met before spring break and they're already dating.

"I came out to my parents on Tuesday, and they set us up," Virgil explains.

He was always too scared to tell them even though Roman always said he had nothing to worry about. He didn't even text his best friend for support or anything... He probably was worried that he'd be bothering the flirtatious friend during his vacation so he psyched himself out of it.

Blake jumps up suddenly, "Shoot! Mx. Jones wanted to see me before class! See ya later!" He calls back at Virgil.

- - -

The school day ends and Roman decides to text Virgil. If he had been set up by his parents then there was a chance he didn't really like Blake right? That didn't necessarily mean that he liked Roman but he couldn't just sit around as the love of his life falls for another man! And yes he was calling Virge the love of his life since it had been almost two weeks since he had developed this crush and it hadn't stopped. Now that I think about it, I've always been pretty attached to Virgil, He realizes, I'm an idiot.

Princey: Hey V can you meet me at our spot? I rlly need 2 talk 2 u

He would have used better grammar, if he thought Virgil would care. Actually, he probably should have since perfect grammar might worry him. Not even a minute later, he responds.

Count Woe-laf: sure?? Did somethin happen?

Princey: Kinda ill explain when u get here

Virgil reads the text, getting anxious instantly like normal. Roman only asked to meet there when something was really wrong, since he was never too concerned about his latest crush getting revealed to the world. He explains the situation to Blake, who's fine with him going.

Virgil left the school, taking the same route he would when going to Roman's house but instead cut into the woods. It was easy enough to find the path they had worn after taking this path so many times. He quickly reached their old 'base,' a treehouse that had been overgrown slightly, giving it a more whimsical aesthetic according to Roman. They had built it years ago, only a month or two after Virgil moved to the area. As far as they both knew, no one else had found it. It was, and always will be, their secret.

Roman was waiting up in the treehouse, opening the trapdoor for Virgil as he climbed up the rickety ladder. They'd really have to make a stronger one soon before it breaks and one of them falls to their deaths. That might just be an exaggeration on Virgil's part but you never know. To this day Roman still regrets showing Virgil Dear Evan Hansen the musical.

"Hey Ro, everything alright?" Virge asks.

"Yes and no. I want to do something but I'm pretty sure it'll mess everything up," He says vaguely, not sure if it's a good idea to straight up confess to Vee. (Because he's gay-)

"Well, what do you mean 'everything'?" Virgil questions, almost scared of the answer.

"I know you already hate most Disney princes because of this but..." Without warning, Roman pulls Virgil into a kiss. Though the lack of consent probably wouldn't help his chances with the anxious bean, bringing up their past debate might earn nostalgia points?? At least that's what Roman hoped.

Virgil melts into the kiss, awkwardly wrapping his arms around the other's neck. It was his first kiss and he didn't want to mess it up, but then it hit him. He was kissing Roman. He has a boyfriend but here he is kissing his best friend and former crush. Well, clearly it wasn't so former as he thought it was since he was kissing back.

"W-wait. What are we doing?" He asks, panting slightly.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that especially now that you've got Blake but I just-" Roman cut himself off, trying to find the right words, "Something is telling me that this isn't some crush, and I just couldn't lose you because I realized my feelings too late."

For once, Virgil didn't think, didn't worry about everything that could go wrong, he just acted. He pulled Roman into a kiss, trying not to focus on how it took a moment for Roman to reciprocate, "You talk too much," He laughs slightly, trying not to freak the hell out at what he had just done.

"But what about Blake?" Roman asks, as if he had read the other's mind.

"I never wanted to date him, he's more like one of those friend of a friend that you don't know how to talk to," Virgil didn't know who he was trying to reassure more, but Roman understood and pulled him into a hug.

Roman always understood Virgil, because that's what best friends do, because that's what lovers do.

A/N: Welp, @Rebel_Fangirl12 Here's your 'angst' I say it like that because I don't think this counts as angsty but I'm still proud of it XD