When Death Knocks Answer.

Alright. I've finished writing this book!

I will now be posting all of my drafts! Enjoy your updates(;

Thanks for reading!❤️

Ta ta darlings,

Ms. Roxanne.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
David and Elaine were soaking up each others company. After their adventurous shower, they had made love in the bedroom, then on the couch. Neither one of them could keep their hands to themselves all day.

When it got dark outside, Elaine turned on her stereo and swayed to the music as she made her way to the kitchen. She was on cloud David. And she was never coming down. They loved each other. As she looked around she smiled. This was their home, their kitchen. Theirs.

She glanced at David who poured her a glass of wine.

"Honey, we need talk about when I'll be flying back to New York."

David froze. "The hell you are."

Elaine quickly added, " No no! Just to sell my apartment and grab my belongings."

"We'll go together. It'll be a cold day in hell before I put you on a plane traveling miles away from me." Elaine's Heart melted as her soul sighed. She loved this man.

She walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around him.

"I love you honey."

David turned to face her and groaned.

"I love it when you say that." Elaine giggled.

They continued to make dinner together. Laughing, drinking, and cooking, the couple danced in their kitchen, completely happy that all was right in their world.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Elaine and David had retired to the living room after eating dinner. They sat by the fire, holding each other.

Elaine sighed as she leaned back against David's warm chest. Home.

A knock came at the door interrupting her thoughts.

She leaned forward, letting David get up. He walked towards the door, opening it. Elaine saw David tense.

Setting her wine glass on the coffee table, Elaine walked toward the door also.

Standing in he doorway was Jeff and Cole. Out by the garage were a couple other police cars. Some with the drivers still inside, some standing outside watching them. What?

"David," Jeff said grimly. Cole nodded forlorned.

"Officers," David nodded.

"What's wrong," Elaine asked worriedly. "Why are so many of you here?"

Jeff looked towards his feet.

"Damn. Sometimes I really hate my job." He then looked to David. David looked back. Unsaid communication seemed to pass through the two.

"Well, what's the problem," Elaine urged.

Cole spoke up. He looked to David. "It's our job to make sure the town of Wolf creek is safe Elaine." He kept staring at David. " from thieves, from assaults, from cheaters. Especially murderers."

Elaine was totally lost. "Cole I know that. You're a cop. That's what you do. Now will someone tell me the bloody reason for this frickin' intrusion. It's almost 11 o'clock!"

David held Elaine's hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

Jeff huffed out a breath. "I'm sorry Elaine." He then turned to David and cleared his throat.

"David Thorne, you are under arrest for the charge of murder against Rico Moretti."

Elaine turned paled and gasped! "No! What the hell?"

David stiffened next to her. "Jeff," he said warningly.

But Jeff continued. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney present during questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you. Do you understand these rights?"

"Jeff what the fuck!" David was now shouting.

"I'm sorry," Jeff said. Him and Cole both walked toward David. Elaine threw herself in front of him.

"What! No! There's been some mistake! Please! Jeff? Cole!"

But Cole moved past Elaine and turned David around and cuffed his hands. "I'm sorry David," he muttered.

David hissed as Cole cuffed him."What the hell Cole? Murder!"

Elaine was near hysterics. "Will someone tell what the meaning of this is!"

Jeff looked at Elaine and then David.

"David where were you last night?"David didn't anwser. Elaine looed at David as she squeezed his hand.

"Honey. Tell them! Tell them this is a mistake!"

"We found your blood at the crime scene David. The evidence stands against you," Cole stated.

Elaine felt her blood run cold.

"David. Tell me you didn't. You wouldn't. You couldn't! There must be an explanation!"

David stayed silent as he looked in her eyes. "I didn't murder Rico red."

Elaine felt like she was swallowing nails. "Then where were you," she whispered painfully.

David continued to say nothing. After a minute of silence he turned to Jeff. "I didn't murder Rico!"

Cole started walking David to a cop car. "Don't make this hard for us Dave. It's bad enough already," Cole muttered.

As they walked to the car David turned toward Elaine, who was being held up by Jeff.

"Do you think I did it?"

Elaine stared at the man she loved. Was he capable of such a crime? David? She stared into his eyes and took a breath.

She then shook her head as tears streamed down her face. "No," she whispered. David seemed to calm some as he was placed in the car. And Elaine watched horribly as they drove down the drive.

She turned to Jeff. "He didn't do it Jeff! He- d- didn't do it!"

Jeff helped carry her inside as her body wracked with sobs.

"I don't want to believe he did either Lanie. All the boys down at the station refuse to believe he's guilty."

"W-why? Why was h..he there," she cried.

"I don't know, all I know is, his blood was found on the scene. We found Rico beaten pretty bad. He was shot in the head by a 22 pistol. We found him in a little shack up on the hill a few miles out of town."

Elaine felt her knees wobble. "I need to sit down."

"Of course." Jeff guided her to the couch.

"I've called Mel, she's heading up. She knows. I thought you two could use each others company."

Elaine crawled up in a ball on the couch. She held on the the pillow for dear life as she cried. Before she knew it, she was covered with a blanket and held by someone.

"It's ok honey. Everything's gunna be alright," Mel whispered as she rubbed Elaine's back.

Elaine hoped so, for David's sake. For all of them.