The People on the Side

Start from the beginning

"Fine fine..." he waved his hands. He picked up his boxers that are laying on the ground to put them on. "Happy?"

"Very. Now get me some clothes, Lancaster." I shooed him.

"ugh.. it's so farrr!" He reaches out his arm in the direction of the closet.

Harley's POV (2 weeks later)

"Dude, you have GOT to stop." Lannan decked me when I tried to pick up another glass of wine. "I'm taking Dustin for the night. You need to call an Uber and get home."

"Seriously, I need a long ass break from life. Let me have one for once." I picked up the bottle instead. "I'm too fucking mad to do anything right now. I'm still mad. I'm SO MAD. I AM FUCKING-"

"I think that's enough for the night, AND for the following week as well." Lannan took the bottle out of my hands into his other hand. "You guys aren't together anymore. It's important to heal but it's also important to let go and restart. Everything happens for a reason." He reminded me.

"Yes.. Yes.." I sarcastically agreed. "Can you just please give me a breather and exit the building? With Dustin? I'm not letting him see me like this."

"Sure, anything for a mate." He quickly cleaned up my little mess and took away the bottles and glasses of wine. "No more alcohol as well. I'll call you a Uber myself."

"Fine." I slump.

"Hey Lannan, I finished the report for your statistics." Tessa peaked in with a small binder of papers. "I can leave them on your desk, I should probably head back home."

"Thanks Tess. Actually.." Lannan glanced at me. "Could you drive Fresh back home? He's wasted and I'm taking his son with me."

"Yea sure, I don't see why not." Tessa handed the stack to Lannan. Lannan said his goodbyes and left my office. Tessa looked at me. "So, what's goin on?..."

"Drinking session. Not much." I responded. "Do you by any chance have any beer with you?"

"No!" She snipped at me. "I'm bringing you back this instant." She walked over, trying to haul one arm over her shoulder to drag me. "Dammit, your like a fucking mammoth, mate."

"Now that's just rude." I wobbled as I tried to stand up. When I did, I had to try to balance myself next to her.

"Baby steps." She kept a tight grip on me. She let me lean on the walk while she grabbed her belongings. "Throw up in my car and I'll hurt you." She came back over to grab me again.

"Your a foot shorter then me, you can't hit me even if you TRIED." I whipped a snooty glare at her.

"Ha. So funny. Luckily I'm short enough to get a really good bop in the 'no no square.'" She pulled me harder to get me to move.

I leaned against her again. Probably going to cause long term back pain from the way she was bent over.

"Your a pain in the neck." She scowled as she hauled me to to the exit that was a mere 30 feet away. "Quite literally."

"Your calling me fat."

"What?! Am not." Her thick Aussie accent came out. "Did your ex fiancé have to deal with your little shitty attitude everyday?!" Her voice went dry. "I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted." I sighed. "Keep it moving."

......

"You know, maybe you should go to a therapist." She suggested, handing me a glance from the drivers seat. "I know a really good one near the office."