Chapter 53

Sangavi Pov

How did my life become so beautiful?

Just yesterday I had a turmoil life, struggling to understand where my life was taking me but today I had the most amazing turn.

I am happy. I truly am. For I had an amazing partner who became my strength and has been supporting me as this while. I couldn't have asked for more. My eyes roamed in the room as I searched for Caleb. It was early in the morning and he was nowhere to be found.

He remained with me last night in my hotel room and I slept hugging him tightly. My eyes fell on the clock which read nine in the morning.

He might have gone to work.

I got up from the bed to freshen up and ordered my breakfast and some coffee. I checked my phone multiple times as I thought about him when the door of my hotel opened and I took a glance and immediately choked on my food.

"Oh my god! Are you alright?" I heard her worried voice as she sat before me and I nodded, taking the glass of water and gulping it down.

"You should be more careful," she said as she caressed my hair and I looked back at her when Caleb walked in smiling at me. He leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead and his sudden action before his mother caught me off guard. I remained staring at him and his mother who sat next to me with a smile on her face and in reply he just shrugged at me.

I signaled him if he told his mother about my pregnancy and he nodded and I closed my eyes embarrassed by the boy.

How can he?

Could he not wait?

Ruth looked absolutely pleased as she knew that I was pregnant. She was already there trying to make me comfortable. Soon I told her about my parents and even the part where the woman is after me wanting to kill me.

I had expected her to be hostile to me for her son's safety but she completely got me wronged as she grew more carefree and protective of me and demanded Caleb to use his power to get the Giselle no matter what. I couldn't even decipher the emotions that grew bigger in me. I was so touched by Ruth's kindness that I broke down crying. I couldn't control myself anymore.

All this while I had felt so lonely, so lost and troubled that I had lost to trust someone, to believe upon one another. All this while, the only thought I had was, I would always be alone, living on my own. But now when I see that people actually care and look after me, it was just too much for me.

I really appreciated it.

I was glad that I met someone like Caleb. He was the best thing that happened to me.

I had no idea why but I was actually looking forward to what life had for me. I was ready. I was ready to face difficulties if it meant Caleb would be right next to me.

"Don't worry, no matter how stupid my son is, I still believe upon him. I know that he loves you and he will go to any extent to save you. He will leave no stone unturned, to get that woman. Just have faith in him," Ruth told me as I wiped my tears and nodded smiling at her.

"I know. I trust him," I told her and she smiled keeping her hand on mine as she gave it a reassuring squeeze. Such a small gesture filled my heart with happiness and leaned to her comfort watching Caleb who stood at the corner of the room with a smile on his face.

I hoped this happiness and warmth to stay with me forever.

~

"Okay its the time," I said as I picked up my phone ready to post an update as bait for Giselle. But Caleb took the phone from my hand as he stared at my phone for some minutes. I looked back at Nathan who shrugged at me. It was what we had planned earlier, to use my social media accounts a bait to get a hold of Giselle.