Chapter 28

I stood next to Caleb in the conference room as he gave a presentation and just for a mere second looked my way as I took a few steps back to give him some space. It's been three weeks since I got back to the office. Caleb had changed or should I say he moved on.

There was nothing in between us. If anything it was left then it was only professionalism. I saw him getting together with Hailey. He looked happy and everything that he was not with me. Not only in the office but even the media started talking about them.

I would see notifications of them having dinner night, hanging out together from the media. It would be a lie if I said it did not hurt. Like a football, he kicked me away and I was the only one who allowed him to do that.

~

I curled up on my bed as I saw the notifications. My brain told me to see it more so that I would get over with him but still, I couldn't. He looked happy. His eyes lightened up and twinkled every time he was with Hailey. He no longer needed me and that hurt me the most. I slammed the phone to my next on the bed as I sighed putting my hand on my eyes.

The phone beeped and I checked it to find Eden's messages.

Unlike Caleb, he has been apologizing a lot and never backed off from wanting to know what I was doing. He was really generous enough to ask me if I was alright. At some point, I understood that it was not his fault. Honestly, when I was not with Caleb, I liked being with Eden and perhaps that might have given him the wrong impression that I liked him.

I should have cleared things out between us.

I texted him back telling him that I was alright and I needed some time alone. He was generous enough to understand.

I got an email and I checked it find that my application to the design school in Paris has been accepted. Immediately I got up from the bed looking down at my phone. A gasp escaped my mouth as I put my hand on my mouth and squealed like a madwoman. I couldn't believe it.

I seriously couldn't believe it.

It was like a dream come true.

Finally, I could complete my studies and be able to live my dreams. I had always wished to be a jewelry designer and finally, my form was accepted. After so many days, I was able to feel happy as I stood up from the bed and made my way to the mirror.

My face was lighting up and I touched my cheeks that was burning.

"Muster up courage, Sang! You can do it! Now you will be able to live your dream. Don't hold back!" I spoke to myself as I smiled and thought of going out to have my dinner outside.

It was the most happiest day of my life, but yet I had no one with whom I could share the news with. So, I called the head nun from the orphanage and told her the news. She was absolutely ecstatic to know about it and told me that she would pray for me to Jesus.

I took out a light blue dress from my closet and chose a matching sandal as I left my hair untied and finally made my way out of the apartment after a long time. I had no idea where I was going but somehow I wanted to be alone and enjoying the evening.

I had applied for the course a month back and was finally selected. It would be a three-year diploma course and for that, I would have to go and live in Paris. I wondered when I could live. But as soon as that thought struck me, I stood in the middle of the pathway of the bridge as I looked down at the water.

"That means I could no longer see Caleb," I mumbled. My heart wrecking to the thought and my palm formed to a fist.

The phone vibrated and I took it from the purse to find a news update.

Is Mr. Theller finally thinking of settling down?

Secret source told us that he has been preparing to propose his girlfriend Ms. Davies and he may see it soon. The news had a picture of them together on a yacht with Caleb hugging her from behind and she held his arms as she looked the other way. He was shirtless and she was in a bikini.

My eyes still stung and I felt shameless for even thinking of him after all this.

It's finally time to move on Sang.

Forget him. He doesn't want you nor was his love for you pure enough to see right through you. Let him live his life and you walk forward. Achieve your dreams and make your parents proud of you.

I smiled at that thought as I looked up at the sky and saw the stars twinkling. "You must be watching over me," I said at loud thinking that perhaps my parents saw my grievance and finally gave me a path to pave happiness.

"Grasp on to it!" I mumbled as I flung my purse and made my way towards the restaurant that I had booked previously for my dinner.

~

I got the email and it asked me to join and deposit the fee for the course within a month. I thought about it and since I have worked as a secretary for a long time, I was able to save enough money for my course. Theller international's employees can't leave the company before a month's prior notice so, finally, I applied for my resignation to HR and had that in my mind that I had to serve only a month more to get away.

I minded my own business while people talked to each other regarding Caleb and Hailey's affair. It came out the news was right and they had finally managed to hook up. I didn't give any reaction as I concentrated on my work and had it in my mind that as soon as I get my salary, I would leave.

I had already booked my flight ticket to Paris and searched for a dorm room online. My leave was guaranteed.

"Sang!" I heard Bailey and looked back at her and smiled at her as she waved at me.

~

"Really? That's great! Congratulations," she beamed and I laughed.

"Is it true that you are leaving?" Margaret asked as she a seat next to me watching me curiously.

"How does everyone know about this?" I huffed and she gasped.

"So it's true!"

"HR has a big mouth!" Bailey shrugged as she sipped her coffee and sighed. "It's good that you have finally thought of aspiring your dreams. I wish I could do that too!" she said which made me scowl at her.

"What do you want to aspire?" Margaret asked and Bailey grinned.

"A model!" she said and I chuckled while Margaret snorted.

"Well that would be impossible," she remarked earning a glare from Bailey.

"But jokes apart! Give us party!" Margaret demanded and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Shouldn't you be the one to give me that as a farewell?" I asked and she grinned scratching her neck.

"Alright fine! I will throw a party next Sunday," I told them and they cheered up while I shook my head at them.

"You know we feel happy for you. It would be really hard for you to tolerate indecency in a working hour right?" Bailey asked and I looked up at her. "What do you mean?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I mean your boss. We all know he is getting engaged to Hailey Davies, that movie star! We have seen her multiple times making her way to the boss's cabin. Indecency and having affair during work is a lot to handle. I'm sure you must be tolerating a lot since you are close to your boss being a secretary. You might have seen a lot!" she said and all of a sudden Margaret throw her hand over me as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Oh, she is right! Tell us is it true? Are they really in love? What have you seen? Did you ever find your boss in an inappropriate situation with Hailey?" Margaret asked and I shook her hand off me.

"Don't think too much!"

"Its none of my business," I said as I walked out of the cafeteria.