Chapter 34

The clock hit nine as I got ready. I had to visit the Visa office and I woke up late in the morning and ended up skipping my breakfast as I hurried to the center for my Visa. As I got down my apartment waiting for my cab when a car stopped right before me.

Eden.

His eyes met mine as soon as he got off his car and walked to me. I have been thinking about it for a long time. I remembered what Caleb told me a few days ago and it became hard for me to believe that someone like Eden would say something like that to Caleb in order to make differences between us.

I did have a tint that he liked me but never thought he would go so far of making my boyfriend jealous and question my dignity. As I prepared myself ready to have a verbal fight with Eden my cab appeared and the driver honked at me.

I looked back at him and signalled him to wait when Eden came right beside me and cleared his throat to gain my attention.

"How are you? Its been so many days since we last saw each other. You don't even pick up my calls any more," he said and I turned to face him.

"Well, thanks to someone for turning my life upside down. I have never been this worst," I told him and he shifted in his position.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you think that you are really smart? You created differences between me and Caleb. How dare you defame my reputation before Caleb?" I snapped so early in the morning and that was truly ridiculous as I thought it was the beginning.

"Listen, Sang I can explain. I'm sorry for what I did but Caleb, he is not the right one for you," he said and I noticed how his eyes changed into a darker shade as he looked down at me.

"So who is right for me? You? The one who meddles with my love and personal life and defamed me. You defamed my reputation and do you think you are the right one for me?" my voice got louder when I heard the door of the car being shut and looked back to find the driver of the cab getting out of his car looking my way, worriedly.

The old driver seemed kind enough to worry about me and to the situation. I could understand from his facial expression that he was asking me if everything was alright and I nodded. He relaxed and leaned to his car waiting for me.

"Sang I don't know what gotten into me when I heard you two are in relation but in no way, I wanted to hurt you. Sang, I really like you," he held my shoulder and I pushed him away.

"You don't have the right to even tell me all this. Now when I know what you have done, I don't even want to talk to you. You know what? Everything that is going on with my life right now is only because of you. You are the person who should be blamed for why I am in such a condition. Its true Caleb is a jealous man but he loved me as true as the fact that I loved him too. If it wasn't for you defaming me and getting between us every time, he wouldn't have done this to me and we would still be together," my eyes stung and my vision got blurry as tears streamed down my eyes.

"I may forgive him someday for what he did to me, but I will never forgive you. You have broken my trust and I really hate you for this. I can't believe I trusted you as my friend and what did you do? You slandered my image before Caleb, you maligned our relationship. I really didn't expect this from someone like you. I had always thought you were the nicest guy I ever had in my life but guess what? I was wrong," I said and turned to leave.

"Do you really love a guy who assaulted you? I agree what I did was wrong but I never touched you to hurt you. He assaulted you and you still like him?" he yelled and that made me stop as I turned to look back at him.

"I wonder how you know about this because everything that happened between us was in private. No matter what Caleb did to me, it was always private and he never defamed me in public. I really wonder how you know that he assaulted me, until and unless you made him do that to me or you were present at that moment," as I said that the color drained from his face and he looked down.