Chapter 21

How should I look? What more should I do to gain your attention towards me?

********************

Sangavi Pov

"Be mine!" he said out of nowhere while I stared at him in utter confusion.

"W-What?" I asked with a shaky voice.

"Sangavi," he said and took my hands into his and looked straight into my eyes.

"Sangavi, I have been trying to deny the fact that I was attracted to you from the first day you came barging into my office room. I have always liked the fact that you never bowed down before me like another woman instead you chose to stand your place with your head held high and never let yourself affected by my rudeness and coldness" he said with sincerity and that moment I blinked my eyes several times trying to understand what was going on.

"But I tried to stay away from you. I thought maybe hurting you would make you stay away from me and I would get over the attraction but you know what? I failed. Yes, I failed and now when I think about it I literally curse myself for even thinking to stay away. I mean why deny the attraction? and why do I even need to suppress my feelings?" he said.

"I know I have irritated you, hurt you but" he sighed before continuing "I will agree on this though I am jealous whenever I see you with Eden" he finished and I gasped in shock hearing that coming out of his mouth.

"Believe me, Sang I tried," he said and let go of my hand as he racked one of his hand on his hair.

"I tried to do everything in my hand to not to feel like this. All this jealousy and all would lead me nowhere, I know it but what can I do? I can't help myself whenever I see you with him. Please, oh god!" all of a sudden he got hold of both of my hands again and held them softly in his.

"At first, I thought I like you Sang but.." he trailed off and had a distant look as if he was thinking or recalling something.

"But when I saw you in that hospital room I came to realize" he looked back into my eyes.

"How much I am in love with you," he said and I knew my eyes were wide open in disbelieve and shock.

"What did he just say?" I thought.

"He is in l-love with me?" I thought.

"W-what?" I asked still in a state of shock.

"Disbelieving right?" he chuckled but then looked into my eyes hopefully.

"I know you might find this very odd but I was planning something different. Something more creative to confess my feelings for you but I don't know why but I wanted to pour everything out of my heart now. I thought this was the perfect moment to confess" he finished.

"I love you, Ms. Sangavi Carter truly, deeply and madly," he said and leaned his head down on out clasped hands.

"So please let me know what you feel. Because the more time you take the more impatient I feel" he looked up at me.

"W-what do you want to hear Caleb?" I asked and he closed his eyes inhaling deeply.

"I have never loved anyone in my life Sangavi, but for you, I am willing to change myself. Please give me a chance to court you," he said and I choked on my own spit which led me coughing. Almost immediately I felt his hand caressing my back.

"You alright?" he asked looking worried.

"C-Court me?" I asked.

"Yes," he smiled.